Author Topic: Google Plus  (Read 7364 times)

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Google Plus
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »
My gaming group has been scattered to the four corners of the earth once again.  Anyways, long story short, I still want to play with my friends.  I see this as a good way to get everyone together to play some rpgs even if it is not together at the same geographically located gaming table.  Anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions?

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: Google Plus
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:22:36 AM »
I dunno about google plus, I can't figure out how that would work. The only stuff on google wave I tried fizzled because of internet flakes but its pretty cool for document sharing.

Uhm Google video, oovoo, and skype are used by people.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »
I think he's referring to the G+ "Huddle" feature, which I have never used.

Could be interesting.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:32:26 AM »
I haven't tried Google +, but I did play a game through Google Wave. It was pretty great, like a mix of PBP and Chat-based gaming. Too bad Google Wave will close down soon, it would have really shined as a online tabletop gaming tool.

Ryo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
I like google+ better than skype. It drops less. The video is cleaner and the sound is sharper.

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
     The main reason that I wish to use this is the Google Plus Hangout feature.  The video is crisp and the audio is also good.  Also, haven't had a drop yet. The only thing negative I can say so far is that there is no integrated dice roller like skype. 

Other than that it has not thus let me down, but at this point, I have yet to actually run a game using this.  I am thinking of using the other google services to better enjoy it.  It already has a chat window (DEAR GOD WHY can I not roll dice with it?), but I feel that using Google docs on the side would be useful. This allows me to basically set up a private message board for each player (this may not work out because it will lead to a note passing war) and create a main game forum (mostly used for NPC pictures and other visual things, including but not limited to flagging a map for use with google maps to let the players zoom in and out of real world places).

Anyways lots of potential.  My friends and I are digging it.  Any suggestions that are not "move to skype" when it comes to the die roller?   

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »
Me dumb sometimes. Anywhoo decided to try out

http://www.metstuebchen.de/cgi-bin/DIESERVER/roll.pl

Will see how well all work together