Author Topic: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?  (Read 94309 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »
We are currently playing 2 campaigns, Wild Talents and Eclipse Phase. However, it doesn't hurt to think about the next one.

Some ideas:

Iron Heroes: Swords and sorcery fantasy - all PCs are badasses without the aid of magic - they are defined by their fighting styles and the choices they make. No magic item shopping or accumulating wealth beyond measure - spend the gold as soon as you get it on wine, women and song.

War Torn modern/near future GURPS: Players are normal humans with some unusual skills or experience in a society torn apart by civil war. They can raise an army and make themselves warlords, make a fortune in the underworld through black market smuggling or save thousands of lives by protecting refugees.  Of course, this assumes you're willing to take the risks and survive.

Zombie post-apocalyptic modern/near future in GURPS or Nemesis: :D :D :D Rebuild society or take down the corrupt bandits and petty warlords? Find the cause of the undead or engineer a cure? Become an intelligent undead and fight against bestial instincts?

Yakuza GURPS: In the chaos after World War 2, a group of small time hoods are given a chance to start a Yakuza crime family. Will they focus on expanding their hold in the black markets or work for the CIA against communist agents? Fight in underground martial arts tournaments for honor and cash? Work for the police as an undercover informer to bring down the other families?

Rogue Trader: Evil capitalist colonial exploitation Star Trek :D

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
The zombie game would be pretty sweet considering the cast.  Of course Tom would have to be a ghoul.  Although if we're going down the ghoul path, playing the game as the Lamont Clan would be pretty funny.   We'd all love to see how Aaron would play a ghoul.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »
My votes are for Rogue Trader, Zombies or Yakuza.

The Yakuza game you posted a while ago was really good even if the whole party went down in a blaze of glory.
Tad's Rogue Trader games were awesome to listen to when he ran them and i'd be really interested to hear Ross' rendition along with the simple question "What ARE you going to do with it?"

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:58:30 AM »
Hmm. I vote Zombie, Yakuza, Iron Heroes.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »
My votes are:
1. Iron Heroes - I've heard so many good things, but I don't own it yet.
2.Yakuza GURPS - I loved the Yakuza game that Ross ran a few years ago, this would be pretty awesome indeed.
3.War-torn modern/near future GURPS - Because I love action and spy thrillers, and played Alpha Protocol not too long ago and know how gameable this setting is.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:18 AM »
My vote is for IH, of course, since I may be designing the campaign setting.

Zombie games are always good.

You do remember how the last WWII Yakuza game ended, right? Are you still bitter? Do you still have your months and months worth of game notes to use?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »
I say:
1. Iron Heroes as I have always wanted to hear it played.
2. GURPS Modern Zombie Apocalypse. However I vote for making it a Fallout style game.
3. Rogue Trader, Warhammer is awesome.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »
I vote for Rogue Trader. It's a percentile system with grim dark themes and tons upon tons of options for the players.

An RPPR Rogue Trader game would be similar to a New World game in space and with guns. Warhammer 40K politics are extremely complex, as are the social and religious gray areas a Rogue Trader wanders through.

Of the 40K game lines Rogue Trader offers the most to explore, do, and create. Dark Heresy offers the most personal growth but lacks many of the large scale options of Rogue Trading. Deathwatch is about space marines, so not alot of wiggle room there. Black Crusade is too new for me to know much (I'm still digging through the book).

I'd love to see the epic conflicts (interal and external to the party) that the RPPR guys could get into with a long term Rogue Trader game.

Do you invade the new planet or negotiate with the rulers? Do you offer fair trade or do you threaten from on high? Do you work with aliens and monsters to keep the edge over your opponents; risking your life and soul if your dealings where discovered? Do you stock your ship with troops and tanks or with medicine and trade goods?

It'd be epic.

enigmatic

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Rogue Trader is my choice.  It's the most sandbox-like of the 40k tiers, and who doesn't want to sail fly the seven seas depths of space looking for treasure?  Plus there's lots of Cosmic Horror that the RPPR crew loves so much.

Iron Heroes is #2.  I would imagine it'd be Conan like, rather than the high fantasy of the new world.  Depending on the world, it may be to close to Dark Sun though.

#3 is post-apocalyptic.  Not a huge fan of GURPS, but I don't think any system has ever gotten in your way of a good time/story.  If you can roll with Paladium, you can do anything (ignoring broken/horrid stuff like FATAL, Synnibarr, and such).

As an aside, you play dread as part of your one-shot repertoire.

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »
  • Iron Heroes
  • Rogue Trader
  • Yakuza

Edit: Yeah Rouge Trader sounds like a game my sister would like. Maybe I'll run it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:52:04 PM by Shallazar »
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
Rouge Trader being the lesser known cosmetics business based RPG

BTW, if you have an idea that I haven't mentioned, feel free to pitch it here. ESPECIALLY THE RPPR PLAYERS AKA THOSE LAZY BASTARDS THAT DONT POST ENOUGH

BenignSpy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
Rouge Trader being the lesser known cosmetics business based RPG

BTW, if you have an idea that I haven't mentioned, feel free to pitch it here. ESPECIALLY THE RPPR PLAYERS AKA THOSE LAZY BASTARDS THAT DONT POST ENOUGH

We're getting there, GOD.

Rogue Trader, or Zombie post apoc.

The only reason I don't want to do the Yak one is because we talked about doing  a silly one shot, with video and bad dubbing.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:56:36 PM by BenignSpy »
Who Dares, Wins

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
Well then since I already hinted it, do a GURPS Fallout game Tom could play a Ghoul....
Or a super mutant,  8)

Damn that sounds cool.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
yeah I could do a zombie/fallout influenced post apoc campaign.

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:18 PM »
Zombies (nemesissssss), Rogue Trader, Yakuza

wild card option: cthulhu invictus