Author Topic: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?  (Read 94534 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
Rogue Trader, also I would love to hear some more Monsters and Other Childish Things.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »
more fodder for the post apoc game: http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2011/11/solar-farming.html

isolated communities still have electricity after the apocalypse due to new solar tech.

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »
Boyos does have a point.

If you want people to 'Buy My Book!' then doing a full or mini campagin of Monsters and Other Childish things might be a good idea.  Either your book or the stuff Tom wrote, or even do a like a six parter based off the Candlewick Manor material. 
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »
Boyos does have a point.

If you want people to 'Buy My Book!' then doing a full or mini campagin of Monsters and Other Childish things might be a good idea.  Either your book or the stuff Tom wrote, or even do a like a six parter based off the Candlewick Manor material.

You guys have to look at this like a business though. Ross is setting up the post-apoc game to develop ideas for the next book. The MaOCT book is the old product. Got to look toward the new product. Ross - to analogize McDonald's - can always bring it back like the McRib when he runs out of ideas.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
Boyos does have a point.

You guys have to look at this like a business though. Ross is setting up the post-apoc game to develop ideas for the next book. The MaOCT book is the old product. Got to look toward the new product. Ross - to analogize McDonald's - can always bring it back like the McRib when he runs out of ideas.

But I don't like the McRib, can we use another burger?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
The Drunk and Ugly are doing an AP of the Road Trip campaign, 17 sessions so far http://drunkandugly.com/category/monsters-and-other-childish-things/road-trip/

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
Boyos does have a point.

But I don't like the McRib, can we use another burger?

This is the problem with you consumers. You always assume your personal tastes are everyone's taste.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaa

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
To be honest that McDonald's analogy isn't really fitting as McDonald's stopped being product-driven a long time ago, it's much more based around property. McDonald's makes sure to buy commercial spaces in food courts, close to important highways and streets with large number of  pedestrians.

The reason is that everyone knows McDonald's products, and normally consumers stick to one or two favorite products. So it's much more about making sure that a McDonald's is nearby when they wonder where they want to eat.

But to not get too off-topic, for products such as RPGs which are very niche, social sites are very helpful. I know that RPG.net gave Road Trip a good review, but maybe sending free copies to other RPG sites and see if they would review it would be a good idea. Perhaps try and get other podcasts to review Ross' products too, or to be a guest star at those podcasts and talk a bit about the campaigns and such.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
Road Trip was nominated for an Ennie, one of the industry's biggest awards. It's gotten great reviews. It's also a campaign for a very niche RPG and it's done. Arc Dream paid me for it and I continue to run it at Gencon and other conventions that I attend. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life promoting it. I have other projects I want to do.

At this point, I've written two books for MAOCT. I love the game the system and I'm proud of my work for it, but I want to move on and try new projects.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »
also I pay attention to listener feedback: look at the comments for MAOCT games vs. games like Candle Cove, Slender Man, etc. I know you guys love the MAOCT and I <3 you all but some games are more popular than others. I think a new take on a post-apocalyptic horror world would generate more interest than just doing Road Trip for a year.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2011, 09:28:50 PM »
also I pay attention to listener feedback: look at the comments for MAOCT games vs. games like Candle Cove, Slender Man, etc. I know you guys love the MAOCT and I <3 you all but some games are more popular than others. I think a new take on a post-apocalyptic horror world would generate more interest than just doing Road Trip for a year.

Word up. I'm totally excited for Killsplosion. I'm so grateful to the rest of the contributors. I like when Ross does new things.  Innovate or stagnate.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

SomeCoolGuy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »
Well, I suppose I should maybe contribute or something, so I suppose my choices would go something like this,

1. Rogue Trader - It's Real Good. There. That's it. Though, I suppose you may be inclined to look up the Black Crusade rules, as they did a lot to balance the system honestly, such as making full-auto no longer the best choice 99% or the time, and condensing the skills quite a bit, but that's hardly required.

2. Yakuza - I really liked that old Yakuza AP you guys did, and I was really disappointed you guys didn't continue it, so I would like to see something similar.

3. Post-Apoc GURPS - Fallout was originally intended to use the GURPS system, and to the GURPS system it shall return.

Okay, I've now contributed to the forum, I hope you're happy.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:11 AM »
I am always happy to have more people contribute to the forums!

I will run several one shots: a NEMESIS Hunger Games PvP game, a Black Crusade game and a Yakuza game.

I will run a mini Iron Heroes campaign at some point.

BUT

The next main campaign will be the post-apoc game. Of course, this will be next year since I still have to do the last tier of the New Arcadia campaign.

more post-apoc fodder: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/11/dangerous_work_the_mine_in_gua.html