Author Topic: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?  (Read 94538 times)

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want the next RPPR campaign to be?
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
Yeah, the Cthulhu by gaslight book (box) hasn't been available for years. The new one is "on its' way" but who knows when. (yog-sothoth.com is doing a gaslight campaign in audio format now).

You could also do some ParanoiaXP, challenge to see how long a "straight" game can really go.

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Paranoia: Where every game seems like it's from an AB3 rant :-)

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2011, 11:33:56 PM »
I love Paranoia. You should definitely do that.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Rawtooth

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
You know what would be awesome?

RPPR mini-campaign/one-shot of Killsplosion.
Fractals are our friends.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2012, 02:31:26 AM »
I am always happy to have more people contribute to the forums!

I will run several one shots: a NEMESIS Hunger Games PvP game, a Black Crusade game and a Yakuza game.

I will run a mini Iron Heroes campaign at some point.

BUT

The next main campaign will be the post-apoc game. Of course, this will be next year since I still have to do the last tier of the New Arcadia campaign.

more post-apoc fodder: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/11/dangerous_work_the_mine_in_gua.html

just an update: ran a Yakuza one shot last night.

Next, I'll run Little Fears.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:06 PM »

just an update: ran a Yakuza one shot last night.

How many people were decapitated?

How many were eaten?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
I'll post the Yakuza game next. :D

JuddX

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • I love dem pencil and paper roleplaying games!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2012, 01:32:46 AM »
Yakuza's in space, piloting giant robots against giant zombie monsters. Who are also ninjas.

That sounds like a decent campaign.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »
Yakuza's in space, piloting giant robots against giant zombie monsters. Who are also ninjas.

but what do we do in the second session?

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »

but what do we do in the second session?

Well the giant zombie ninja monsters when cut, bleed ninjas.  The ninjas fall on a nearby pre-industrial planet with lava on the surface and people living underground.  They attack a peaceful subterranean village to attain a jar with the soul of a long dead space-pirate in order to use its power to charge a cannon which can create a black hole massive enough to devour a star, which they intend to use to force the stars permanantly into the right position for Cthulhu to wake.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »
more ideas for the post-apoc game/setting

I've been reading a book called Instant City - it's about Karachi, the city in Pakistan that's grown from 600k people in 1947 to 13 million people today. It goes into detail about how neighborhoods are built and operate - because of the weak government, communities simply pool their resources to build local infrastructure so you have people building sewage lines and the like on their own. Political parties are also divided by ethnic/tribal lines but one tribal group, the Muhajir, were literally invented after the nation's creation in 1947. All the Urdu speaking migrants from India just banded together and made up the Muhajir and then their political party, the MQM.

The MQM literally held Karachi under siege at certain points with extended gunfights for political reasons but they're still a legitimate political party in Pakistan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Karachi_riots

So, how does this apply to the post-apoc game?

The idea of self-building urban sprawl and infrastructure is definitely more interesting to me than Mad Max/Fallout esque static post-apocalyptic worlds - people build as long as they're around. But I also want to explore the idea of ethnic/tribal politics but in a new way - there's definitely going to be a supernatural element to the post-apocalyptic world so ethnic/tribal identities that originate from before the apocalypse aren't going to be nearly as important as they are now - instead people will divide themselves on how they reacted to the supernatural. Some possible new identities/factions

Wrecked: People visibly scarred/damaged by unnatural entities or anomalies - they have impossible wounds, pure black eyes or some other visible change that makes no sense on a biological basis. Shunned as the new lepers/untouchables -they are a minority trying to survive the trauma of whatever damaged them and the prejudices of the other survivors

The Quiets There's a global plague that's killed millions (but it's not the cause of the apocalypse or why civilization is collapsing - more of a side effect). It goes by many names but usually it's called the Silence for the effect it has on a town. 10-30% of the infected survived though but they undergo a transformation. They look like they've been burned and often has a purple-pinkish tint to their skin. More importantly, they're immune to the plague. Then there's also the rumors they are ignored by the strange tiny creatures that live in plagued tainted lands. Quiets are numerous enough to organize themselves and because they live in plague lands, they can stay safe from lynch mobs. Usually.

Tainted/Hardened/Realists: The first encounter with the supernatural is especially traumatic to humans but humans are a resilient and adaptive species. People that survive their first encounter without breaking down develop some resistance to the supernatural and are able to incorporate the new phenomena into their worldview. They even become physiologically resistant to the supernatural - for example take ice embers - strange, gray flakes that burn flesh on contact and rain down from the sky on occasion. A hardened person's flesh won't burn instantly on contact but will take several seconds for it to affect them. These advantages make them suspect in the eyes of many. This is a dominant group, not a minority.

Untainted/Untested/Pure: Many people are shocked or emotionally traumatized by their first encounter with the supernatural. As a result, they develop a minor allergy to the supernatural - an allergy that makes them more sensitive to the presence of unnatural entities and anomalies.  Some become mad but many untainted do not. This group tends to view anyone that displays any ability to resist the supernatural as suspect, tainted or corrupted by it somehow. They also tend towards eliminationist principles in dealing with the unnatural.  This is the other dominant group and they frequently vie for power with the Realists.

Unexposed: A shrinking majority of people are still untouched by the unnatural. Many are afraid of becoming 'infected' in one way or the other. Both the realists and the pure try to manipulate/recruit them for political gain.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »
i officially rescind my vote for nemesis and instead vote for a second cyberpunk lady gaga session

tia, ross

tia

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
no never

next lady gaga game will be in eclipse phase

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »
no never

so you say, ross. SO YOU SAY
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »
no never

but ross

cyberpunk~