Author Topic: Roleplaying over Skype...  (Read 10253 times)

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Roleplaying over Skype...
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
     I'm considering moving the online game that I play over from google plus to skype. Before I use it to run a game I want to test drive it by playing in a game. I've googled it up and have yet to find a site that has has skype games.  Where can I find a skype game to learn the ropes of both playing and running a game? 

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Roleplaying over Skype...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
The NerdBound podcast does alot of Skype gaming. Check the forums over there and you'll probably be able to get into one within a month or so.

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »
A full month?   :o
Are there any faster ways to go about this?  There is no board for GMs looking specifically for Google Plus and skype games?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
Inside of a month, meaning less than a month. Generally a Skype game takes, at minimum, a week for people to check their schedules and determine an open day.

However, if your planning to GM than all you have to do is post a notice that you want to run a Skype game and see who takes the offer. You could do that right here even. Posting the offer on more than one forum will increase the response rate of course.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
I'm running 3 games in December for people that contribute to the Killsplosion Kickstarter :D at $50 or more

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »
I'm running 3 games in December for people that contribute to the Killsplosion Kickstarter :D at $50 or more

Joooooooin usssssssss
Dooooo iiiiiiiiiiit

Buuuuuuuuy hiiiiiiiiiis booooooook

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:43:52 AM »
     I'm considering moving the online game that I play over from google plus to skype. Before I use it to run a game I want to test drive it by playing in a game. I've googled it up and have yet to find a site that has has skype games.  Where can I find a skype game to learn the ropes of both playing and running a game?

If you just want to listen to a Skype game to see how they run, check out what we're doing over at drunkandugly.com

We're entirely a skype group. Plus we have tons of MaOCT and some Call of Cthulhu.

Plus, we're kinda cool. (Kinda.)
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »
I'm listening to the drunk and ugly podcast and I've got to say that it is pretty cool.  You have a good group there. Do you guys use video during your games or do you just do the games as a conference call?

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:29:04 PM »
I'm listening to the drunk and ugly podcast and I've got to say that it is pretty cool.  You have a good group there. Do you guys use video during your games or do you just do the games as a conference call?

We've done video a couple of times but with that many people, Skype has a tendency to crash hard.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."