Author Topic: Tom's "Other" group  (Read 5364 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Tom's "Other" group
« on: December 11, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
In epi 51 info dump, Tom talked about recording games with other group and posting them.  Did Tom in fact record said game? When do we get to hear them?

Mahalo
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's "Other" group
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »
prob in 4-5 years after the world has been destroyed 12-20-2012.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:06:01 PM »
As far as I can tell from the main podcast feed, Tom has had another group for at least as long as the main RPPR group has been playing, that's where Aaron originally came in. Insofar as they have been mentioned on the main podcast, some of the players were uncomfortable with being recorded, thus why their games are not recorded and why they generally (with David being one exception) do not guest start in RPPR doings. I would have to guess upon reviewing the episode in question that the matter was discussed and then dropped.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:09:32 PM by SageNytell »

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »
To answer Beej's original question, there were technically two 'other' groups.  The first of these consisted of Tom, David and myself usually playing a modern day hero setting or series-related game (i.e. Gargoyles).  Sometimes we would be able to pull a fourth in (friends from out of town or who had a day off) but usually it was just the three of us.  The second group consisted of our good friends Andy (whom I believe has been mentioned in an anecdote or two), Jake (who played my suited torturer in the kickstarter video) and Dylan.  Most of the games in this group we done in a home-brewed system Andy created for us, though like the previous group largely remains unrecorded.  The only game to make it to make it to an mp3 was a game a I ran for that group called "The Edge of Beyond". Though since I lost the file a while back it is unlikely that it will every be posted.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"