Author Topic: RPPR is second only to....  (Read 17166 times)

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
RPPR is second only to....
« on: May 02, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
the D&D podcast in the zune network. god I hate that fucking show. they post once every three weeks and they're only 40 min long.

either way RPPR beat out the Order 66 podcast, Dragons Landing, and D6 generation(mainly a board game podcast that covers RPG sometimes.) we just got one last golem to slay and thats D&D.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: RPPR is second only to....
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 02:10:10 PM »
Is that the official Wizards of the Coast D&D podcast? Cus, they have been less and less interesting to me evr since they fired Dave. I haven't forgiven Wizards for that yet.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 05:29:50 PM »
<blatant promotion>Yaaaay. We're in the top 10 featured podcasts in the Itunes other games category but we could get in the top 5 with a few more positive reviews and ratings. If you haven't already, get a itunes account and do that. </blatant promotion>

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:18:13 PM »
Is that the official Wizards of the Coast D&D podcast? Cus, they have been less and less interesting to me evr since they fired Dave. I haven't forgiven Wizards for that yet.

yeah its that one. Dave Noonen was pretty chill and knew what he was talking about when it came to D&D.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »
Yea when they fired dave I started to look for other podcaste then I found RPPR
Kenders Rock

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
I started looking because I was bored at work. Went from D&D to some crappy podcast to RPPR. Haven't looked since, been here.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »
Cool!

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »
Yes. I too discoverd first my love of padcasts, and then my love for the denizens of Springfield MO.
It is a fantasy, one which keeps my dreams alive, to someday discover a coven of gamers which act with the same responsibility and urgency to events at the table.

Oh yeah and if I could kidnap Tom and make him run action scenarios for me I would.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 12:04:16 AM »
Ask, and ye shall recieve.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Since everyone else is sharing, I've been a part of RPPR since Ross said, "Hey you did some acting in high school. I need some one to voice this one character (Deviant Boy)."

And I'll never forget telling everyone to leave the room so I could do my lines for The D&D Session that Mostly Wasn't because Tom, Chris, and Ross were laughing so hard that they couldn't stop when I had to do take after take after take.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
I used to sell Ross comic books. He always seemed kind of cranky, but we became friends the day I mentioned that I was interested in the Cthulhu mythos. His eyes lit up and he started speaking frantically and excitedly. "Have you played Call of Cthulhu?" he asked.

"No. I've just heard about it," I replied.

He talked excitedly about different games he had played and he invited me over one night. That was the night that I became friends with Ross and the night that Ernie Hudson was born.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:55 AM »
im an old highschool buddie of chris's and e-mailed the rppr e-mail asking for who ever reads that to pass it along to chris to e-mail me but im not sure if that ever happend or not. either way i discovered this site a few months back when looking forsomething to listen to on my boring late night mall job. Now im a big fan of ross, tom, lobster god, and the rest of the rppr fourm people.

VilaWolf

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 01:19:01 AM »
IMO Hometown Tales and only because I found them first. Their deal is "Every Town Has A Tale" and they talk about everything from the local haunted house or greasy spoon diner to Utopian Societies, Murdering Mommies, "Look What I Found" - things people have found in the walls of their homes, and on and on. They've got 280+ podcasts so far and are showing no signs of slowing down.