Author Topic: News reporting FAIL  (Read 4616 times)

j_train1

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
News reporting FAIL
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
SO if you have heard ,EBAY will not longer allow the sale of Magic spells,potions, prayer services etc. Therefore that is something that the news channels will talk about. On Good Afternoon America on ABC (AUG 16 episode) at the 6 minute mark they wanted to inform the viewing audience about this important information ,but the screen shot that was shown while the pretty man talked on was a screen shot of EBAY ,but they were Magic:the gathering CCG lots. Way to FAIL, Way to FAIL.

I wonder if there will be a backlash,if any? Will Timmy's mom who was watching that show overreact and burn all of little Timmy's cards for they are something of the occult and demon worshiping. Just like M:tg was demonized in the late 90's due to the images on the cards of demons, devils and other scary things. 

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: News reporting FAIL
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
The demonizing of MtG is how I got my first set of cards. My friends mom freaked out on him so he gave me all his cards. Apparently she was ok with my immortal soul being damned as long as he was not involved.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

j_train1

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »
You should be so lucky you didn't have to grown up during the backlash of D&D during the early 80's. Those were fun times indeed.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
My Uncle tells me about those dark days from time to time (I was born in 87'). He played tons back in the day. I used to read the manuals back when I was in elementary school and I was committed to someday learning to play... and here I am 25 and hopelessly addicted to role playing.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.