Author Topic: Trinity (a.k.a. AEon Trinity, a.k.a. "rhymes with crayon")  (Read 3984 times)

Kristastic357

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • http://facebook.com/doctorbludgeony
Trinity (a.k.a. AEon Trinity, a.k.a. "rhymes with crayon")
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:10:27 AM »
I've been a fan of White Wolf for almost exactly a decade now, ever since I picked up a copy of Exalted back in 2002. I proceeded on to World of Darkness, then Aberrant, New World of Darkness, and Adventure!. One book I was never able to secure a copy of was the originator of the Trinity trilogy, "Trinity". However, after searching for quite a while, I finally came across the core book at an Antique mall, of all places.

I've given it a skim, and I'm currently loving it. I kinda wanna hear from some other folks about it, though. I had an interesting conversation with a good gentleman on reddit (and that conversation is here, for anyone interested), but I'd also like to get some other perspective. I'd especially be curious to see what Ross has to say, as I do so love hearing his opinions on games (and frequently have similar tastes).

Now, other than Shadowrun and, to a lesser extent, Star Wars, I don't have much experience playing sci-fi games (and yes, Star Wars is arguably fantasy, hence why I say to a lesser extent). So I don't know how Trinity stacks up to other sci-fi settings. I'm sure it's not as hearty or realistic, or "hard sci" as Eclipse Phase and the like, but I'd still like to hear from fans of the genre. If I recall correctly, Tom rather liked the sci-fi Cthulhu game.

Anyhoo .. discuss ..?!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Trinity (a.k.a. AEon Trinity, a.k.a. "rhymes with crayon")
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »
I think I picked up the PDF for that as part of a DriveThruRPG bundle. Skimmed it, didn't follow the normal White Wolf design. Maybe I'll have to go back and check it out.