General Category > General Chaos

The Heretic Cycle: a new fantasy series from Ross Payton

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dom:
Just bought this and gonna give it a read. I hadn't bought Zombies of the World or Zombies in Afghanistan because zombies don't interest me that much. However, fantasy and sci-fi are right up my alley.

By the way, what were your literary influences when writing this book?

clockworkjoe:

--- Quote from: Dom on March 15, 2012, 10:58:30 AM ---Just bought this and gonna give it a read. I hadn't bought Zombies of the World or Zombies in Afghanistan because zombies don't interest me that much. However, fantasy and sci-fi are right up my alley.

By the way, what were your literary influences when writing this book?

--- End quote ---

Parker: The Hunter and Sandman Slim actually were both pretty strong influences since I had read both right before writing Heretic Cycle. I wanted to write about a world of magic but without the typical 'save the world' kind of plot - I was intrigued by the idea of doing a narrative about a professional criminal that lives by his own code, regardless of others.

Great Scott!:
Well I think you did a stellar job. I couldn't put it down once I started. Really enjoyed the novella and would like to read the next ones!

clockworkjoe:
Thanks! I have about 13k words written for part 2 but I don't know how long it will go. It's definitely going to be longer and have more characters and action.

Great Scott!:
That sounds great. How many words was Hunted?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version