Author Topic: Cthulhu Dark  (Read 8750 times)

Jaxander

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Cthulhu Dark
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
Hey everyone. First post here, and I have a quick question.

Is there any place I can download PDF adventures or scenarios for Cthulhu Dark? I know it probably sounds silly, as the system is so simple that I should be able to write one myself, but I've never run anything other than high-fantasy, swords-and-sorcery RP games before, and if I'm going to introduce something completely new to my players, I want to do it right.

So yeah, anyone know where I can find a scenario for Cthulhu Dark?

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
I'm not sure one exists. I tried looking to before retreating to my failed Christen upbringing for inspiration. I can send you the list of Bible quotes I used for Revelations, if you want. Just interpret them literally and make them happen to your players. That's all I did.

Beyond that, you could just get a pre-generated Cthulhu adventure and sub in what few rules Cthulhu Dark has for checks. I suggest one of the many Cthulhu pregenerated scenarios that's already kinda hopeless for the players (you have time radiation on you; eaten by a dinosaur). Maybe the new rules might salvage a good story from a brutal scenario, or maybe it will just make it funnier when characters die because you'll likely be doing it to each other.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »

Jaxander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
Thanks for the input, Cthuluzord, and the link clockworkjoe!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »
Thanks for the input, Cthuluzord, and the link clockworkjoe Ross, high master of RPPR and all things "BUY MY BOOK!" related!

Fixed that for you.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

EndersLegend

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »
Another site has already been given but it is also here http://www.thievesoftime.com/news/cthulhu-dark/

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
I've been thinking up scenarios for Cthulhu Dark, particularly because it is such an easy rules light set. My friends enjoy it but they don't like having to do up a new character (despite it being really easy), they want to reuse there starting character. So I came up with a set of scenarios where a small town gets isolated and crazy video game themed stuff starts happening. as such when the characters die or go insane, they "re-spawn" where they were when the town went nuts. Because the re-spawning process isn't an easy "pop!" your back to life, the characters start off with 2 insanity and exhaustion points because of the ordeal. Did a play test with that house rule and it was an entertaining game.

Still working out some ideas for it and have a highly infectious zombie scenario (not using respawn rule) which could end up killing droves of characters before they realize DON'T TOUCH THE ZOMBIES in any way! or if they do they need to roll to see if they can resist the infection, and then they roll San because they start hearing the hive mind voice in their heads.
Liquid Water?