Author Topic: Bless you Aaron, Blaron.  (Read 16694 times)

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Bless you Aaron, Blaron.
« on: April 12, 2012, 01:44:27 AM »
I think it is high time that Aaron had his own fan thread.
It was the singular utterance "George Roddenberry" that inspired me to create it.

Aaron's unapologetic fanboyism and nerdy charm, as well as his transformation over the episodes into a Con game running badass, is an inspiration of the highest caliber.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
Re: Bless you Aaron, Blaron.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
Hear, hear!

I think one of the bigger turning points for him as a player was that professor in Bryson Springs. He was so belligerent and headstrong, but it made the game better because he continually drove the game forward by being stubborn and following the idea of a pompous intellectual who just wanted to get out of that damn shanty town full of backwater hicks. And he ended up setting one of the inhumanly strong puppets on fire!

I will also never forget his pot dealer that ran away from the prostitute in Andrew's Fortune. The scene was just so Aaron. He loses his willpower incredibly fast, but instead of going along with it, he beats the system by FLEEING. It was a very "wtf" moment but also amazing in many good ways. It was unintentional comedic brilliance.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:14:58 PM by AmishNinja »

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »
I fully support an Aaron fan club. The first RPPR game I ever listened to, Candle Cove, had him in it, doing his traditional "boy scout" routine. It's impressive how much he's grown. Putting that game beside his character from the CoC Yakuza game, the difference is incredible.

Plus, he has all those sonic screwdrivers. Makes a nerd jealous.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »
The first AP I listened with Aaron as a player was Room B12. God, that moment when Aaron [spoiler]gave his business card to the serial killer being controlled by the ghouls[/spoiler] I will never forget. But it's been such a great experience listening to him slowly become more and more determined and bad-ass. Like his Dark Sun character, the Eladrin Ranger who actually stood up against Jason and Tom's characters and fought for his (somewhat skewed) sense of justice.

I think Aaron's crowning moment of bad-ass was in the Call of Cthulhu scenario run by Ross, The White Stairs.

"We'd like to borrow it." (the car)
"Well, I'd like to do that but there's a bit of a problem with the bloodstains"
"...What?"
*Punch*

Also, I posted this a while back but it deserves to be mentioned again, as this is how I believe lawful good characters should be played. Not as "goody-two-shoes" but as a person that will always stick to his convictions, no matter the outcome. And I think Aaron showed with his Eladrin Ranger that he can play it this way too.

ThadExMachina

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:57:05 AM »
The Public are only on the edge of this as of now, but I'm just gonna say: SAIRAC. Luna Tier.

Just, y'know... prepare your earholes.
"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Herrigold

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Bless you Aaron, Blaron.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
Aaron FTW! Well, maybe "Aaron for the exotic and untimely death that helps everyone else understand what they're in for and let them figure out a way / give them time to kill the boss monster". But that's a win in my books. I think you're awesome.
It's too late to be clever. I'll try being adventurous.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
"@Thanatophagous

I apologize that my verbal tick has completely ruined your listening experience. It is not my intent to bring the podcast down or to cause any undue mental stress while enjoying our Actual Plays. Because of this, I think it only fair that I attempt to reimburse you for the time lost listening to my poor attempts at communication. Unfortunately my only time machine is currently under repair, so I am unable to either A) remove myself from the timeline thus ensuring you a quality “it’s like”-less recording or B)Warn you not to listen to the AP and preventing any loss of sanity from occurring. If there is anything else(in lieu of time travel)I can do to assist you, please let me know and it will put in consideration for future recordings."

Best response ever. Go Aaron.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »
I love how Aaron always manages to die or almost die horribly in the first half of any given horror game. It really builds up the atmosphere. No, seriously, without him how would the tension build? It's all player on player conflict if Aaron isn't talking to deer while shoeless and tumbling into streams.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
I love how Aaron always manages to die or almost die horribly in the first half of any given horror game. It really builds up the atmosphere. No, seriously, without him how would the tension build? It's all player on player conflict if Aaron isn't talking to deer while shoeless and tumbling into streams.

I know, right? I have this gnawing fear that my kickstarter won't work out because I don't write good horror scenarios; Aaron makes my scenarios good horror scenarios. It's not like I can package him up and send him out to play with other groups...or can I?

Aaron, how much would you say you were worth as a reward level? And are you okay with traveling by box?

Patrick

• No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »
Aaron for the win!

I have listened to every single RPPR AP (yeah, yeah, I was here at the very beginning) and I can attest to the fact that some of Aaron's early stuff was hard to listen to. Its been a pleasure to hear him develop into a confident and entertaining cast member of RPPR.

I would really love to play through one of Aaron's scenarios at some future point, I just gotta save up for next year's Con!

Aaron is one of my favorites and definitely deserves his own fan thread... ;)
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

nasus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
I totally agree, he totally won me over with SAIROC.

crawlkill

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • helo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 03:44:01 AM »
=I know, right? I have this gnawing fear that my kickstarter won't work out because I don't write good horror scenarios; Aaron makes my scenarios good horror scenarios. It's not like I can package him up and send him out to play with other groups...or can I?

Aaron, how much would you say you were worth as a reward level? And are you okay with traveling by box?

I've seriously considered reverse engineering Bryson Springs a couple times and have decided not to -only and exclusively because- I feel like Aaron added so much to the story/detracted so much from the actual exposition OF the story (which is not a fault in a PC in any way, but which makes it way harder for an observer to figure out what's going on) that without him it could never run in the same way. the Professor's little breakdown was so flawless and took up so much time and gamespace that it became totally central to the storytelling, if not to the story.

learning to love Aaron is key to learning to love RPPR. he still makes me go "err" from time to time, but I'd miss him terribly if he were gone.

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 04:18:48 AM »
Yeah, the fire in Bryson Springs has become part of my assumptions about the scenario. I keep forgetting that a shoeless academic caused it by beating an alien horror to death.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »
Aaron is a sweetie and a dear and I hope He never changes (no matter how much the fellows in His group try to corrupt him).  Shine on, m'man
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
His actions in Cthulhu Invictus are straight out of the big book of true heroism and chivalry! Seriously, a ray of hope even in a cold and careless universe.
Liquid Water?