Author Topic: Kickstarter: Cool Stuff  (Read 398139 times)

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter: Cool Stuff
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »
I know, Ross, I've heard your pronunciation.  ;D I've heard like 3 or 4 different ones from different people, though.   :P
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
I know, Ross, I've heard your pronunciation.  ;D I've heard like 3 or 4 different ones from different people, though.   :P

If one pronounces it correctly one is drawn into his influence. Better to butcher the name.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »
I personally tend to pronounce it two or three different ways, depending on how I'm feeling. And in mythos stories and adventures, my preference is for characters to almost never see or hear the name in its "orthodox" form and spelling. Having it highly altered adds to the sense of folklore and incomplete human knowledge. After all, it's not like "Nyarlathotep" is the name his momma gave him; it's just a persona the thing put on back in Egypt one time.

Not that that's relevant to a new scenario I'm currently writing...not at all.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »
I personally tend to pronounce it two or three different ways, depending on how I'm feeling. And in mythos stories and adventures, my preference is for characters to almost never see or hear the name in its "orthodox" form and spelling. Having it highly altered adds to the sense of folklore and incomplete human knowledge. After all, it's not like "Nyarlathotep" is the name his momma gave him; it's just a persona the thing put on back in Egypt one time.

Not that that's relevant to a new scenario I'm currently writing...not at all.

When ever I start to pronounce the name I just start doing this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95jD5tMFjhs

Zombieneighbours

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
Sentinel Hill Press, are seeking funding for the release of Arkham Gazette issue 3. The Arkham Gazette is a really useful Lovecraft country resource, full of esoteria about New England and cool Mythos gaming material. The first issue has my Adventure "The Bosworth House" in it and you can get the revised version of it as part of the kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/562089942/the-arkham-gazette-3-a-lovecraft-country-rpg-magaz/description

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
Onyx Path has the new Wraith 20th Anniversery Edition up on Kickstarter as of this morning: http://kck.st/1CC3kaq

It is damned expensive and that's because this is for the Deluxe edition only which is to be traditionally printed (instead of the usual POD) and embosed. So if you love you some Wraith than check it out.

Zombieneighbours

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
Yeah....The Wraith release is bad news for me...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM »
I'm happy but also mad. It's expensive as hell AND it's right in the middle of Christmas time, when I already don't have much money. The actual book is 100 dollars... but it looks so pretty... I'll probably just wait myself unless I end up not spending anything Christmas shopping.

Actually what I'm thinking I might do is take up a collection from my gaming group: promise to run Wraith when it comes out if they pony up a few bucks. If I can get four or five guys to put in $15 then the whole thing tooks a little more doable.

Zombieneighbours

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »
Wraith is more than a game for me. It is a work of art.

Everything from the setting to the rules, come together in a perfect storm. It captures everything I like about the world of darkness and yet doesn't descend into the "I hit it with potence" bullshit of vampire, the "i've read this section of rules three times to day, and I am pretty sure they are changing between readings" of mage.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Tvtropes is Kickstarting an expansion project, including a mobile ap. I am absolutely in for this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tvtropes/the-tv-tropes-revitalization-project

Graywalker

• The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »
I recently found this one thanks to the Two Best Friends.

Last Year has one person playing as the psychotic killer from every 80's horror film against 5 stereotypical high schoolers.
A PC exclusive that's made its goal and will not be out until 2016, but the idea of this game intrigued me and I thought I would share it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastyear/last-year-5-vs-1-multiplayer-survival-horror

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »
Sounds pretty awesome

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

edwardian_adventurer

• View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
« Reply #299 on: December 20, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »
The long, lost Cody has returned with a comic book Kickstarter that has a strikingly familiar dark, fantasy world with pirates, Cthuloid mermaids, and giant crabs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2048096852/everland-a-32-page-fantasy-comic