Author Topic: Need some good character art?  (Read 8164 times)

Omanyte_Jackson

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • On a quest for vengance
    • View Profile
Need some good character art?
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

EDIT: Now featuring working image links!

This is a little impulsive but I finally have a decent computer set up and more free time lately so I figured I'd dust off the old commission shop.

so I charge a base price of $10 for single character pencil/digital sketches like these:

and $30 for full color characters with either a transparent or simple background like these:

You can check out some more samples of my work visit my deviant art pages http://will-e-h.deviantart.com/ and http://vult-d.deviantart.com/

So, if your interested, PM me with what kind of drawing you want and a description of you character. If you want multiple characters,  or just a bust or a portrait, let me know and I can adjust the price accordingly. I only except Paypal.

Also, the first 3 people to request a full color character will get half-off!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:45:11 PM by Omanyte_Jackson »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Need some good character art?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
you need to rehost those images. I recommend imgur.com

Okay, I want a full color picture of Wayfarer and Peter Silvertail from the New Arcadia campaign.

Omanyte_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
ah yes, thanks ross. google has failed me.

and actually i don't remember at all what Peter Silvertail and Wayfarer look like.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »
Peter Silvertail is [spoiler]a magically intelligent rabbit who "rides" around in a cybernetic human suit so he can pretend to be a lawyer. He's a children's book character brought to life so he probably has a button up shirt and vest with no pants but the AP was awhile back so I'm not sure.[/spoiler] Ross would know better since, you know, he created him.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »
oh yeah, I'll write up descriptions later today. One question, though: Will I be able to use these pictures in an upcoming PDF about the New Arcadia setting? The PDF will be available for free download and you will be credited.

Omanyte_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
absolutely Ross, in fact that would be awesome.

Peter Silvertail is [spoiler]a magically intelligent rabbit who "rides" around in a cybernetic human suit so he can pretend to be a lawyer. He's a children's book character brought to life so he probably has a button up shirt and vest with no pants but the AP was awhile back so I'm not sure.[/spoiler] Ross would know better since, you know, he created him.

What episode was that!? holy crap. I've got to stop listening to the actual plays at 3am.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »
The one after RJ sat in. New Arcadia Episode 8.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
Wayfarer: background story here http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=1088.msg27922#msg27922

A haggard young man in a suit of environmentally sealed high-tech armor -(think Iron Man or Halo in terms of proportions/size, not full blown power armor) His armor lets him teleport not just himself but other objects and people. He spends most of his time stealing supplies for Sanctuary (background info on Sanctuary here http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php?topic=1088.msg27920#msg27920 )

Peter Silvertail

n 1971, the Demiurge, an insane wizard with omega level reality altering powers transformed parts of Ohio to match a popular series of childrens' novels about Peter Silvertail, a charming quick witted rabbit. Humans were transformed into animals and animals were given sapience by the Demiurge. The Ideal hero Cerulean eventually transformed Ohio back to normal but the newly created Peter Silvertail liked being intelligent and persuaded him to let him stay as he was. Peter and a child he had befriended during the ordeal went on to star in several movies but by 1980, the popularity of the novels and movies had faded.

Peter faded from the spotlight but took on a secret human identity, as rabbits are not granted constitutional rights (intelligent or not). He went to law school and became a lawyer for the Ideal. He became famous for his legal acumen and incredible charm in the courtroom. However, in 1997, Peter's human identity was uncovered when he attempted to enter the Supreme Court to argue Kato v. Meerman, an eminent domain lawsuit. The US government had placed secret wards to guard against magical intrusion and illusions and the spells used to conceal Peter's true nature were revealed. It was also revealed that Cerulean granted him a 15th century mechanical/magical iron suit that allowed him to pose as human more effectively.  He was disbarred and became a general servant/behind the scenes fixer for the Ideal.

In the year since Ragnarok, many have wandered what has happened to Peter Silvertail. Some fans want him to make a new series of movies. Of course, without legal protection or status, any royalties he may have earned in the first Silvertail films have gone upaid. Furthermore, anti-magical extremists and religious fanatics tend to attack any magical beings. The Ideal used to protect magical beings but in the last year, hundreds of beings have been killed. A notorious occultist known only as the "Hedge Wizard" that targets and kills these beings was spotted in New Arcadia several weeks ago but sources inside the magical underground state that he was killed in an ambush by allies of the underground.  Some speculate that Peter Silvertail may play a central role in a possible push to reform the laws and grant magical beings and other nonhumans civil rights. Until he resurfaces, no one will know.

He has a steampunk styled automaton that he pilots. Imagine a slightly than larger human sized steampunk robot with the top half of the head cut off and replaced with a glass cupola. The control panel is right under the cupola. Peter's body sits in the neck area.

Omanyte_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »
great, I'll get right on it.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
What would the cost be for a group portrait of 7 characters, in B&W, if that's possible?

Omanyte_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
It's Possible. tell me about the characters.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »
Well, they're all human as the game is a gritty 13th century mob drama.  I've asked the players for character descriptions but RL is intruding on a couple of them.  A couple of us have headshots to go along with the descriptions but none of us are professional writers so I apologize in advance for vagaries!  Some of the party is related to one another so there may be some family resemblance there.  Kraebor and Liakos are brothers. Graenath and Enthor are their first cousins.  Tamora and Kavon are first cousins and Sir Bail is the only one non-blood relative in the party.

Phew!  It's a lot of information and I'd like to make this worth your while so please let me know what the price might be.

Here's what we have so far, I'll add the others as I get them.

Kavon of Logue is a swarthy man of medium height and build, betraying a wiry strength, and approaching his 30th birthday. His dark brown hair is cut on the short side and usually swept out of his hazel eyes. He bears no scars or features of note, just a friendly and perhaps handsome but ultimately bland face, typically with just the shadow of a dark beard about his cheeks and chin.  He typically wears finer clothing than the rest of the party, preferring worsted wool cottes and linen chauses.

Graenath of Malthain is a young man in his late teens with bushy black hair, dark eyes, and a pale complexion. His physique has begun to fill out, and though he is thin, he looks has if he has seen some hard work in his few years. His face has the handsome glow of youth (when it isn't covered in dirt), and only the barest hint of peach fuzz adorns his chin. His glance is sharp and determined, and his eyes belie a knowledge well beyond his years. His clothes are simple and worn, covered in grass and mud stains.

Kraebor of Malthain stands a slim 5'8" with a gymnast's build. Light brown hair hangs below his shoulders, he is clean shaven and has brown eyes.   He has an easy smile and is above average in looks and tends to wear simple clothing befitting a painter but he wears no jewelry.

Liakos of Malthain looks every inch the lumberjack he was supposed to have been: muscled, athletic, and worn. Of just average Harnic height, he is both wider and heavier than most. He keeps his large hands clean and neat with his brown hair short and businesslike to better blend with the middle classes of Harn. Never bearded, though he always seems a week behind in shaving. Slightly wide set eyes are rimmed with crows feet, slightly arched eyebrows, and a constant lack of sleep. When next to his brother, he looks aging beyond his years. His face casts a permanent glower on the world.

Sir Bail of Ordh is a tall, burly, fair-haired man in his early thirties. Green eyed and square jawed, Sir Bail has the powerful arms and rough hands of a laborer and the bearing of a Legion officer. He is clean shaven, his hair is cut military short in the style of the Legion, and his careworn, battle scarred face wears a sardonic, world-weary look. His clothes are plain and hard wearing, more like those worn by journeymen in the Mason's or Woodworker's Guilds, and his only adornment is the silver ring worn on his right thumb that reflects his status as a knight and veteran of the Legion.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:36:10 PM by Jacko »