Author Topic: Thanks Tom  (Read 15718 times)

chowdmouse

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:49:24 AM »
Thanks for pointing the way to "The IT Crowd" (working my way through the pod casts.) I have been laughing my ass off all night.

Great Scott!

• View Profile
Re: Thanks Tom
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »
Are you talking about the British sit come of the same name starring Chris O'Dowd?
I can't think of anything worth putting here, so I decided not to have anything of consequence.

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
Oh yes.  I have all three seasons.  It's brilliant.  You might also try the series Black Books.  Not as many episodes, but Irish comedian Dylan Moran stars.  He and the rest of the cast are excellent.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Just want to second Tom on Black Books.  Itīs all sorts of good.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

chowdmouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:39 AM »
Oh yes.  I have all three seasons.  It's brilliant.  You might also try the series Black Books.  Not as many episodes, but Irish comedian Dylan Moran stars.  He and the rest of the cast are excellent.

Black Books added to Ye Olde Netflixe Queue. Thanks!

Great Scott!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
Thanks, I will check those out post haste!
I love the IT crowd. I always go back to it after every 6 months or so, can't go too long without re-watching it. Think my favorite episode is season 2 episode 1 believe where they go to the gay musical "Gay"
I can't think of anything worth putting here, so I decided not to have anything of consequence.

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:05 AM »
Thanks, I will check those out post haste!
I love the IT crowd. I always go back to it after every 6 months or so, can't go too long without re-watching it. Think my favorite episode is season 2 episode 1 believe where they go to the gay musical "Gay"

"I'm Disabled"
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Great Scott!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Again, by far my favorite!

Also I tried Black Books, and unfortunately for my roommate I tried it while he happened to be sleeping. I couldn't stop laughing that I woke him up. Twice.

It is another great British sitcom

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »

My favorite cameo character from Black Books.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:12 AM »
Speaking of good British comedies Here is the UK's answer to the Onion (back in 1994) - The Day today

Also, very similar because its made by the same guys - Brass Eye

enjoy

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
If you haven't seen it. You owe it to yourself to watch Spaced.

You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
Tom, I ran my SWSE adaption of Divine Fire again for a different group of friends over vent last night.  And once again I want to thank you for giving me material that induces nightmares in players.  Right about the time they found barracks full of dead frozen storm troopers cracked up like lobsters and de-boned they started to get antsy.  Then I would randomly drop people into private chat channels and play the sound of people whispering.  And then of course there was the comatose trooper in the med-bay they had to feed to the Anzati researcher to gain his help figuring out what went wrong in the facility.

Thank you for giving my players nightmares. 
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »
Ah.  The madness spreads.  Good.  Goooooood 

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 12:50:07 AM »
I'm curious, where did the name Grunvald (no clue if that was spelled correctly) come from? does it have any significance? I recall seeing it somewhere earlier this week and it sparked this curiosity.
Liquid Water?

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 01:46:18 AM »
Grunevald.

No source really.  Just needed an Old World sounding Germanic name.