Author Topic: Star Wars in O.R.E. Yeah, I'm doing it.  (Read 23591 times)

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars in O.R.E. Yeah, I'm doing it.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
This sounds like a winner to me! The best Star Wars game I ever ran was in FATE of all systems. It abstracted stuff enough that the regular guys were just as badass as the jedi, and everyone had a great time.

I'd say to make sure you pay particular attention to getting good motivations in place for everyone. That's really the core of a good Star Wars story, the lightsabers and blasters are just set dressing. ;)

EDIT AFTER READING STAR O.R.E.

Pretty good overall, but I think they went a bit too directly from canon with some of the powers... take this one:

Create Life (DS): Manipulate the Force to artificially imbue a biological construct with life or to impregnate a living creature.
This is a very uncertain process; you must roll your Create Life stunt dice as a separate dice pool, apart from your Physical Control dice, and score a height of 10 for it to work. If it fails, the biological construct is destroyed or the intended mother perishes

dafuq? Why is creating life a dark side power, and why does it specifically call out the ability to create pregnancies? Oh wait. Because that's what it's implied Palpatine did. So obviously that is the main use for the technique and it is obviously a Dark Side power.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:17:27 PM by ArtfulShrapnel »

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars in O.R.E. Yeah, I'm doing it.
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
This sounds like a winner to me! The best Star Wars game I ever ran was in FATE of all systems. It abstracted stuff enough that the regular guys were just as badass as the jedi, and everyone had a great time.

I'd say to make sure you pay particular attention to getting good motivations in place for everyone. That's really the core of a good Star Wars story, the lightsabers and blasters are just set dressing. ;)

EDIT AFTER READING STAR O.R.E.

Pretty good overall, but I think they went a bit too directly from canon with some of the powers... take this one:

Create Life (DS): Manipulate the Force to artificially imbue a biological construct with life or to impregnate a living creature.
This is a very uncertain process; you must roll your Create Life stunt dice as a separate dice pool, apart from your Physical Control dice, and score a height of 10 for it to work. If it fails, the biological construct is destroyed or the intended mother perishes

dafuq? Why is creating life a dark side power, and why does it specifically call out the ability to create pregnancies? Oh wait. Because that's what it's implied Palpatine did. So obviously that is the main use for the technique and it is obviously a Dark Side power.

Use this on all your enemies, but only buy 1d in it.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.