Author Topic: What have you bought because of the podcast?  (Read 210401 times)

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What have you bought because of the podcast?
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »
Yay! Thanks so much!

Gnarlyhotep

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
I just restarted listening again a few months back, and before that it had been a while, but.......

- Base Raiders
- Ashen Stars (thanks to GUMSHOE)
- Call of Catthulhu

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »
Drivethrurpg has Night's Black Agents on sale this week.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
I already tweeted at Caleb, but I ordered the POD of No Security and the Lover in the Ice PDF this weekend. Now I just need to see about Base Raiders! Hooray tax return! :D

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »
Just ordered Transhuman, and does Akira count? ;) TETSUOOOOOO!!
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

R

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2014, 12:44:04 AM »
Eclipse Phase core book.

I would buy more, but my local games store (comic store with a rack of RPGs, really) only had EP, Rifts, and D&D. Not even 4e, but the reprints of AD&D and 3.5.

And the third doctor sourcebook for Doctor Who.

The other local games store carries D&D, Pathfinder, and some weird hero system expansions. At least they sell dice, unlike the other place.

I might have to start buying online, but I want to support local retailers.

sandcastles

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2014, 11:22:59 PM »
Road Trip and Better Angels, looking forward to Red Market

Daegan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
As a direct result of listening to RPPR my wife and I bought:
  • Zombies of the World twice (one for myself, once as a gift to someone else)
  • Base Raiders (backed on Kickstarter)
  • No Security (backed on Kickstarter)
  • Call of Cthulhu 6th ed
  • Trail of Cthulhu
  • 13th Age
  • Channel A
Plan on getting the Dreamlands supplement for COC and Monsters and other Childish Things sometime soon.  Base Raiders has me looking at Fate Core now too.

...also, my easily-grossed-out-by-horror-movies wife now wants to play Delta Green as a result of listening to the APs.

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:51 PM »
I just picked up The Devotees off DTRPG last night, great read.

Lanied

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »
Monsters & Other Childish Things and Dungeon World (which I can hopefully as blithely as the RPPR group).

RadioactiveBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »
I already had Eclipse Phase PDFs - I started listening to Know Evil to internalize the rules quicker - and ran games but I definitely picked up Night's Black Agents after listening to Tribes of Tokyo.

crawlkill

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • helo
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Hard copy of Eclipse Phase (which is almost unheard of for me, physical is backsliding!), every Kickstarter siiince, uh, Killsplosion, I think? And I've bought a couple of Greg Stolze's things--mostly fiction, I think?--because RPPR's reminded me to look him up. I grabbed Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man I thhhink after it was discussed on the talk podcast. Was it RPPR that talked about De Profundis, the epistolary Mythos game? That was a recent buy, too. And The Devotees, of course, instantly. I thought about backing the latest Transhuman kickstarter, but Ross and Caleb said they'd already gotten their freelancer bonus, so I was frugal for once instead. And looking at my DriveThruRPG...hey, I bought Better Angels, I'd forgotten. I'm kinda curious to read the book just to see how the setting's presented, and I generally just have an absurd love for Stolze anyway, so I throw down to support sometimes even when I don't think I'm gonna get around to reading what I grab.

I got Tales from Failed Anatomies after the last podcast and have kinda mixed feelings about it. Don't hate it, don't love it, haven't finished it, might like it more once I do. I finally listened to Audible's version of Day Z 'cause Caleb recommended it and I aaabsolutely loved it, which is weird, 'cause zombies usually leave me totally cold. Loved that it was more of a "pandemic" story than a zombie story. I also got The Night Lands not on RPPR's recommendation but after being reminded that it exists, and mygod is it unreadable. Some really cool proto-cosmic horrory imagery, but the style is just appalling. There've been quite a few novels and short story collections mentioned on the talk podcast I've meant to pick up and forgotten about.

So "a lot," basically. The financial hardship of the RPG producer seems very real, and I'm proud to participate in alleviating it, however slightly. I just wish I knew more nerds generally to turn them onto this stuff. I'm sure that a huge audience would love the kind of radio RPPR puts out, if only people didn't have such extraordinary format bias. They'll pay $12 to sit through blunt, blinkard three-hour movies over and over, but hand them a hilarious and cunningly-wrought three-hour AP podcast for free and they shut down. They'd be such great sales tools if people'd just give em a shot.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Aw shucks. We do what we can!

BTW, I read The Night Land, Retold instead of the standard text: http://www.amazon.com/The-Night-Land-Story-Retold-ebook/dp/B004GKNM3W

Basically it updates the prose of the story so that it doesn't suck and adds dialogue between the man and woman, while still leaving in all the weirdness of the Night Land.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
Just bought this thing Ross recommends. Chalk up one more thing I've bought because of you guys.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »
So I remember hearing about this Shasta Cola or soda from the "Heroes of New Arcadia" but when I looked it up discovered it was primarily an American product (Canadian). So fast forward to a month ago, gaming at a buddies place and he pulls out a can of dollar store Cola... that is Shasta Cola. As it turns out the local dollar store carries the whole Shasta soda line. Does this count for this thread? XD
Liquid Water?