Author Topic: What should Caleb run next?  (Read 44269 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: What should Caleb run next?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »
found a look for my demonic form in better angels

St. Pancratius

read more about crazy blinged out skeletons here http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/5560/bones_with_bling.html

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »
I thought your character was Burmese? His demonic form is Judeo-Christian?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »
There are Catholics EVERYWHERE

everywhere

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
Its true, the Catholic Church had establishments in Thailand when I was there, Why not Burma?
Liquid Water?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholicism_in_Burma

450,000, 1% of the total population.

Who knew?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »
Do you guys not know how Catholics work

A thousand years from now, after we've perfected FTL space travel and have roamed the galaxy, we'll find a M class planet with intelligent, sapient life and everyone will be super excited and we'll touch down on the planet and do you know what we'll find? All the aliens are at the local Catholic church eating space mackerel on Good Friday and a missionary will have been there for 50 years and he speaks the language and saved all their goddamn souls for Jesus because THAT IS WHAT THEY DO and then they eat pancakes

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 08:49:23 PM »
This is probably what they're aiming for.
Convert the locals, loot their valuables, remit all tithes to the Vatican.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Mixmastermax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
I think that this Better Angels shall be fun. Though I would prefer to see the madness of a monsters game from Calebs eyes.
The MIB bursts in and guns down the kids and leaves... End Game
Aaron is crying
Tom is giddy with the fact of guns
Ross is vaguely confused and trying to figure out some cheap shot he can throw into his next game. I love you Ross but its true

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
So  I really liked the beginning of Caleb's "Preemptive Revenge" game (as stated elsewhere on the forums) and decided to run a game for my buddies set in our Call of Cthulhu D20 1920s game that takes place after the events at the church. The game is more or less inspired by the events of the Pendelton incident and while it does share some names and description of those events, I then go and take it in to the realm of my own little universe for my investigators to follow up on. sufficed to say, the title for the session is "Death comes to Edenvale". Don't want to give a whole lot away as I did record the game and want post it somewhere once I edit it together, but my group really enjoyed it and genuinely got surprised by the stuff that happen in the game. It went on for two sessions over two nights.

Just wanted to say thank you Caleb for the inspiration. And a big thanks to RPPR for gaming advice from the podcasts, as a newer GM it has been a great help. 
Liquid Water?

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »
Awww...Thanks dude. I'm glad it went well. :D

metalwhisper

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
Don't know if it's a little late to throw in my vote, but I'd really like to hear an actual play of Night's Black Agents. That game looks rather badass. It also gives me faith in vampires as cool monsters again which is a good thing. Of course, lame vampires might actually work well in it too. Would love to hear a game where agents have to assassinate the Twilight vampires and werewolves. preferably in the most brutal manner possible:)
I'd also have to vote for an Unknown Armies game, or Over the Edge, or both. Don't know many games that can beat those two as far as occult and  general weirdness go. Would be interested in hearing an AP of Apocalypse World too. I've heard good things.
And there's my vote(s).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:28:24 AM by metalwhisper »

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »
Don't know if it's a little late to throw in my vote, but I'd really like to hear an actual play of Night's Black Agents. That game looks rather badass. It also gives me faith in vampires as cool monsters again which is a good thing. Of course, lame vampires might actually work well in it too. Would love to hear a game were agents have to assassinate the Twilight vampires and werewolves. preferably in the most brutal manner possible:)
I'd also have to vote for an Unknown Armies game, or Over the Edge, or both. Don't know many games that can beat those two as far as occult and  general weirdness go. Would be interested in hearing an AP of Apocalypse World too. I've heard good things.
And there's my vote(s).

Well you'll be happy to know that we are currently running a NBA game. Hopefully it should be done a posted sometime in the near future (2099 to be precise).
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

metalwhisper

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
Very cool! Looking forward to giving it a listen. 2099? Maybe the singularity would have occurred by then and I'll be listening to it sleeved into some ultra awesome yet fucked up looking morph! Can't wait!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 01:43:40 PM »
I'm running it BTW and I have sped up the release cycle for RPPR AP - 6 episodes a month now. JEEEZ

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 10:39:48 PM »
Has there been any new developements with the All Flesh Must Be Eaten game Caleb wanted to run? How about the Call of Cthulhu Wages of Sin game?
Liquid Water?