Author Topic: GenCon 2013 & The 4th RPPR Fan Meet-Up  (Read 29183 times)

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
Re: GenCon 2013 & The 4th RPPR Fan Meet-Up
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
I'm probably going to be there this year. As it is only my second time, I don't know where would be large enough to accommodate everyone. I have no schedule either, so fuck if I know for times.

As far as games to play, I say everyone brings a case of cheap beer and we play DrunkQuest until only one is left standing. I may be alone in advocating for that though  :)

You are not alone.  However I'll need to start with something stronger than cheap beer to start.  Maybe something classier, like Moonwine (Port + Moonshine)
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
We're getting closer in; only 1 month until the Con so if someone who has Ross's ear or his face because bring his attention to this so we can get an "official" ruling that'd be good.

As I see it we have two proposed startings:

1) Meet at the Embassy Suites bar (which we have done every year previously)

2) Meet at the Hyatt Hotel bar (which I am proposing we adopt this year)

As for an activity or event to follow there's a whole thread of them.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Which has the best beer and/or booze selection ....

Also this concept of moonwine is intriguing to me and I wish to subscriber to your newsletter.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »
Probably the Hyatt. It has the most space for gaming and an easily stumbled to bar.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »
For a change this year, let's do it Friday. I will be going to a meeting with the Posthuman Studios people (as well Caleb I imagine) and I don't know when it will be over but Friday night is open with me.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
Friday would be hard for me; I have a game to run for ArcDream at 7pm. I planned around Thursday being the meet up and have games Friday and Saturday.

I can show up for the first bit if it's around 5pm and wander back later if anyone is still around.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
Well, what about Saturday?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
Unfortunitally I have a set of games at the same times on Friday and Saturday: 10am and 7pm.

I'd assumed we'd meet on Thursday like previously so I left Thursday entirely open.

I don't think it's going to be a big problem. Friday will be the first run through of it. I'll just shorten it up a little. If the meet up starts at 5pm again than I can be there for the first hour and a half, slip out to run the game, and be back before Aaron's finished with his second Danny Devito.

Or set it later and I'll just be late to the party. Earlier and I can hang longer before going to the game.

My brother will be along this year and I can keep up on what's happening (like relocations) through him.

Marik

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
Any final decisions made with Gencon only two weeks away?

I'm not sure of my status mainly due to it being my first Gencon and I booked a lot of events. In other words I may have bought off more then I can chew. :)

Marik

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
The RPPR meetup will be on Friday night.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
Excellent.

A few clarifications if we could Ross: 1) At what time and 2) In what place?

As I said before Embassy is a nice big space and it's one of the harder places to find. The Hyatt is closer and has a large waiting area near the bar. It's where we did the crazy mall game in 2011.

In a related matter; I may have the chance to get a loaner of the quick-start rules for the upcoming World of Darkness game Demon: The Descent while at the convention, pending some discussion with Mr. Rich Thomas over at The Onyx Path Publishing.

Assuming I manage to get ahold of it, I'd like to offer to RPPR fans and crew the chance to be some of the first people in the world to enjoy Demon. I'm willing to run it after the meet-up (staying up late) or work out another afternoon/evening to play.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »
Let's meet at the Hyatt, because it has food and will be easier for everyone to find it. First floor - starting at 6 pm. We can meet, get some pizza, talk and then figure out what games to play. If enough people show up, we can try 'do you worship Cthulhu?' since that supports 12+ players or we can break into smaller groups for other games.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »
Sweet. I'll have enough time to meet anybody new, then run to my game, and be back before 10.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
I can drop by for that. I have a break from 5-8 on Friday. At 8 I'm scheduled to play X-Wing at Fantasy Flight HQ but if I miss that I'm not overly concerned.

At 10 I have the Legendary Drunkass Party though. I can't miss that as tickets were $46 bucks and it includes food and drinks.

Marik

Also if anyone cares im going through major pains with regards to my badge and true dungeon tickets right now :(.

http://community.gencon.com/forums/p/32076/356269.aspx#356269
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:11:25 AM by Marik »

motorbreathjazz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
I am so bummed that I can't make Con this year. I guess I'll have to wait another year for my Monsters fix. Turned a Co-worker onto the AP podcast and he has become quite a fan, gave him the lowdown on the meet up. He may show for a bit.
Hope all goes well for you guys. Have fun, kick ass, and loose sanity.