Author Topic: GenCon 2013 & The 4th RPPR Fan Meet-Up  (Read 29160 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: GenCon 2013 & The 4th RPPR Fan Meet-Up
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 06:59:07 PM »
So this just a weird sort of FYI. Um, I'm gonna have access to a smartphone at the Con but I lost all of my old contact numbers because the reason I'll have a new phone is I ran my old one through the washer, destroying it and my SIM card. So, if I've met any of you at GenCon previously I no longer have your phone number but mine is unchanged. So, I'll be hitting a few people up for their numbers again.

Max_Writer

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
I'll try to be there unless the Kenzer & Company crew has something I need to attend.  I'll be working the Kenzer booth this year.  Come by and visit.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
I'll try to be there unless the Kenzer & Company crew has something I need to attend.  I'll be working the Kenzer booth this year.  Come by and visit.

Will do! I will always have a soft spot for Kenzer Co. because I was published in KODT first.

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
I can probably stop by to say hi before 9, but I have a game from 9pm-1am.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »
Argh. Well this year finds me strapped to the bellies of 61 rabbits so I will be unable to wriggle out from underneath them to perform my GenCon duties.

Everyone better have fun and stuff and if there are no super great anecdotes during the wrap-up episode then I will be all the more willing to strangle these babies to get to Gen Con 2014.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
Sadly my gencon plans fell apart so I will be unable to make the pilgrimage and take in the wonders. To see the preserved remains of St Gygax. To kiss the ring of Adam Scott Glancy. To drink of the cheap and not so cheap beer surrounded by those who share my hobby and also hopefully share my high regard for personal hygiene.

For those who are going have fun for those of use who cannot and go out there and game, game like the wind!

Max_Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »
Got a little footage of the RPPR guys at Gen Con (hope that's okay).  Meeting them Friday night starts at about the 3:48 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IN0GaGs40g

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
Well, that was a good GenCon. I am tired, my internal clocks is three hours off, and I have a ton of new games I have to think of adventures for.

I am happy.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
Got a little footage of the RPPR guys at Gen Con (hope that's okay).  Meeting them Friday night starts at about the 3:48 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IN0GaGs40g

You want to get more page views you need some Thad.

Marik

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
I'm a little late to this thread as I have been super busy since I returned from the con.

I have to say though I had a great time and I will be back next year. I didn't make the meet up due some scheduling problems (along with other problems like leaving my event tickets home).

I did get the chance to meet Tadanori Oyama though. he was running his Oil in the Coffee game on the table next to a few of us playing Reign. I gotta say Tad that had to go over very well. Your table seemed to be having a blast laughing the whole game. It sounded great...

The con definitely helped me and our group who were just returning to roleplaying or just starting. I was looking at different settings and rules and was about to buy Better Angels when I came across Savage Worlds which several players had recommended to me. I was glancing through the book and a guy asked me if I had any questions and I asked a few which he answered. I thanked him and said I was going to pick it up. He responded "I appreciate that". It was only then that I realized I was talking to Shane Lacy Hennesy the author of the book. I also had the pleasure of meeting Steve Jackson, Ed Greenwood, and Kevin Siembieda. Anyways it was an awesome time.

I walked away with the following items if anyone cares :)

Pathfinder Core Rules
Pathfinder Reign of Winter Adventure Path 1: Snows of Summer
Shadows of Esteren Prologue signed by the artist and one of the designers
Savage Worlds Deluxe signed by Shane Lacy Hennesy
The Wizards Mask signed by Ed Greenwood
Rex Final Days of the Empire (Board Game)
New Dice!

Marik