Author Topic: 1st Level Commoner Deathmatch  (Read 24066 times)

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Level Commoner Deathmatch
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
Very well handled. Thanks for writin' this up. : )
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »
Thanks guys, glad to know you like it.

Match 2 was way longer. I'm trying to get the write up done by tonight but no promises. I will say it didn't go how I expected.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
Another update. Not going to be done today, too busy. I'll do my best to have it done tomorrow. Details in spoilers below to keep the surprise for anybody who wants to wait.

[spoiler]This is a fucking long match; it's going to take a long time to write it up properly and believe me, it deserves it. The systems rubbed against each other something fierce so I had to do alot of improvised adjustments. It lasted for 40 Rounds. That's 2 solid real time minutes of two guys just beating the shit out of each other.[/spoiler]

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »
Blue Collar Worker's one damned determined sonuvabitch, that's for sure. Can't wait to hear how things turned out!

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
Joining the audience on this one.

Gooo Commoners!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
when is this going to be updated?

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »
Is this still a thing?

Necromancy is my Specialized School of Magic after all.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
I should probably finish this. The second round got so long it was difficult to write it all out. Let me go back and see what I've got.

Addition: Looks like I got as far as Round 3. I'll post what I have and try to go back and finish the match up with some new rolls since I can't find the paper copies of the original fight.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:03:45 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
I should probably finish this. The second round got so long it was difficult to write it all out. Let me go back and see what I've got.

Addition: Looks like I got as far as Round 3. I'll post what I have and try to go back and finish the match up with some new rolls since I can't find the paper copies of the original fight.

Still that is pretty awesome, can't believe you still have this stuff after so long. I'm excited.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
Nick: Johnny this Shadowrun guy is from such an old idea of the future that black and white space movies laugh at him in the hallway. If I took out my iPhone and waved it at him I think he’d have a heart attack.

Johnny: And how does the other contestant look to you?

Nick: Who?

Johnny: The Wild Talents Blue Collar Worker. The other contestant in this round of the Death Match… where is he?

Nick: I have no idea; he looks like anyone else here.

Johnny: There’s the bell. The contestants are entering the arena... hopefully that man is the right one. Dice are about to hit the table and… wait a moment there appears to be some confusion ring side. Nick! Nick, what’s happening down there?

Nick: Johnny a young man claiming to be the grandson of our Shadowrun contestant is physically barring the bartender from entering the arena. He’s claiming that setting up a man with a 20 year old rule set against a modern game system isn’t a fair fight and demanding he be allowed to take his grandfather’s place.

Johnny: This is highly irregular. What does the referree say?

Mills Lane: I’ll allow it!

Johnny: Shocking turn of events! It looks like we have a surprise twist here at Death Match folks. Nick, what’s the Wild Talents contestant’s reaction to this change?

Nick: Is that him over there buying nachos?

Johnny: Nick he’s the man in the ring!

Nick: Holy cow, you’re right. Man that guy is bland.

Johnny: Maybe you could just put the stats for our newest contestant up on the screen, Nick?

Nick: Sure thing Johnny. Folks we’re looking at 4th Edition Shadowrun Bartender, a look at 2074 through the eyes for 2005. You know, instead of 2060 through 1992. The point is he probably knows what a cellphone is, Johnny.
Body 4
Agility 3
Reaction 2
Intuition 3
Logic 2
Charisma 3
Willpower 2
Edge 2
Unarmed Combat 2
Long Arms 2
Dodge 1
Perception 1

Johhny: Our new Shadowrun contestant is now in the ring so let’s roll. No hits on 5 dice for initative from Shadowrun; Wild Talents of course doesn’t roll but still comes up short with a sense of 2 against Shadowruns’s Intuituion of 3.

Nick: Wild Talents is playing it safe. He says he’s going to block. I get the feeling that coming from a system with active defenses is going to be a big stumbling block.

Johhny: Shadowrun is going right for the action. This is where we’ll see some of the rules conflict really come to a head. Five six siders out and it’s 4, 1, 6, 2, 1. One success is good enough for a hit. That would be half his Body plus successes in Stunning but Wild Talents blocks with 3, 6, 3.

Nick: I get the feeling this is gonna be a long one Johnny.

Johnny: Wild Talents going on the offensive. 9, 3, 7. Shadowrun returns with 2, 6, 6, 1, 2. Two hits for four stunning.

Nick: Stunning indeed Johnny. He was so surprised he dropped his dice. 9, 9, 1, 9.

Johnny: Actually nice that’s the automatic resistance roll. When you start slamming rules against each other you get some slippage. That was Body + Endurance at height 9, which more than blocks the 4 stunning from Shadowrun.

Nick: I think Wild Talents just noticed too. Boy does he look happy.

Johnny: It looks like he’s got a plan now too. He appears to be taking a turn to aim and add another die to his pool. Nick, is that a Wild Talents rule or a Shadowrun rule?

Nick: Johnny, this is Death Match. Somebody might’ve thrown it to him under the rope like a folding chair for all I know.
(start of Round 3)

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »
I love how those systems clash so hard... it's beautiful. Shadow Run rules basically make the Blue Collar guy have some free armor which is just funny.