Author Topic: Movie Quote Conversation...  (Read 5287 times)

ckenp

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Movie Quote Conversation...
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Is there a way to turn this into a drinking game and thereby make it an actual play podcast?
  • Set up a round table, one person starts with a quote, the next person follows with another, and whomever can't provide a quote drinks.
  • You can bluff a quote, but if someone challenges you and you can't provide the movie (and perhaps character or scene) they can make you drink (and if you prove them wrong they have to drink) - raise the stakes and allow multiple challengers for multiple drinks/drink paybacks
  • Make each round dedicated to a particular genre of movie and if someone breaks genre for their quote they have to drink
  • If someone can follow the preceding player's quote with the exact next line from the movie then everyone has to take a drink, and the order of play reverses (previous player becomes next)
  • Drink twice if caught repeating a quote anyone else has used previously

I'm not sure what the rules should be; the above are what came to mind first. Regardless it strikes me as something that could make for epic tier hilarity in an AP podcast.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:00:06 PM by ckenp »

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Quote Conversation...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:29:36 PM »
I just drink every time someone in one of the actual play podcasts drops a ghostbusters quote. So far I have never failed to not be blackout drunk by the end of a given cast.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
Do you guys do this at night when I'm not here?
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Sounds like one of our regular games, but without the drinking