Author Topic: Anyone want to play a Chaosium BRP adventure I wrote?  (Read 45919 times)

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want to play a Chaosium BRP adventure I wrote?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 07:32:13 PM »
Quote from: Setherick

In the WW2 game, I think that would be BAR gunner. If you want to be the BAR gunner, I'll be the sniper.

Oh, yeah.  Right.  I missed the WWII part.  Even though it's in that first post, clear as day.  Do you happen to teach a reading comprehension course I could enroll in?
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
Yeah, the WWII thing is gonna mean some research for me. Want to do it half way right at least.

By the way, wouldn't the sniper and the rifleman be the same guy in a fire team like this?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
Yeah, the WWII thing is gonna mean some research for me. Want to do it half way right at least.

By the way, wouldn't the sniper and the rifleman be the same guy in a fire team like this?

Not really. Snipers in WW2 were basically avid hunter / crackshots that had little or no formal training other than sitting still and shooting people. Riflemen were boys fresh off the farm for snipers to shoot as they sat there shooting people. At least, that's how I interpret it.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »
I just assumed they used their snipers for fixed positioning rather than assigning them to mobil units. I assumed the best rifle shot in the group would become the defacto sniper, unless we'd specifically been assigned a sniper.

Addition-
According to the Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper) doesn't even look like we'd have a sniper as we think of them today, just a guy who's good with a rifle. Apparently American sharpshooters didn't hide in wait or anything, they just tried to shot guys a long way off.

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Players list...

Tadanori Oyama
Setherick
Dragonshaos
Dawnsteel

Awesome. The squad is coming together nicely. Seth, if Karee wouldn't mind playing, then she is more than welcome.

I'm about to go see if there is any interest from some of my players in a CoC pbp game I'm running currently. It's basically the same system, and they already play via pbp, so I think a couple of them might want to play too.

Excellent!

I've already talked to Dragon via email, so Tad, Seth, and Dawn, can each of you please send me an email to jonhook@gmail.com

FALL IN!!!
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:03 PM »
FALL IN!!!

Emailed, now just got to rewatch some inspirational films over the weekend. Namely, Enemy at the Gates.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
Anyone else interested in playing? We need one more player!!
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)