Author Topic: The RPPR Catchphrase, In-joke, and Obscure Reference Appreciation Station  (Read 327965 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile

--- In Soviet Russia .. Blank blanks YOU! ( I know I've heard it before RPPR, but cannot place it)

Soviet Russia jokes are the provenance of Yakov Smirnoff, the Russian-born, Branson-based misogynist whose ideas about women would make most 1950s conservatives shudder...I mean comedian.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
The Soviet Russia joke was created by a Russian American comedian named Yakov Smirnoff.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
"Let me speak my peace. " - Mike, while playing Watcher the Warforged. Since then it was referenced mostly by Cody and Tom.

This happened in the D&D 4th ed New World Campaign, during Episode 24, the dinner party.

What happened was that there was an argument between Mike and Bill. At one point Mike said “Be quiet and let me speak my peace. You’ll have a turn to speak.” The argument got to the point where Ross threatened to remove XP if the players didn't stop arguing, at which point Cody made fun of that and the discussion was shelved. Bill left the New World Campaign at that point, and returned only for the last few NWC games.

"Shoot from across the room" - Mike

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
My favorite Mike-ism will go unmentioned.

My favorite "discussable" Mike-ism is "I pull out my gun!" from Survival City. Holy balls! What a game.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Survival City was nuts. I can't imagine what it must've been like sitting around that table. Didn't Cody throw Mike into the flames to make the leap across the gap?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Survival City was nuts. I can't imagine what it must've been like sitting around that table. Didn't Cody throw Mike into the flames to make the leap across the gap?

Don't know. My character was making a deal with the Mayor over letting my friends go if I provided him with fresh souls. Cody got his wish of becoming Lt. Mayor...

ThadExMachina

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
Let's not forget this important lesson, reiterated whenever the word "war" is mentioned...

Spoiler: [spoiler]It never changes.[/spoiler]

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Someone needs to start a kickstarter for Ron Perlman to do an intro voice over for Minecraft. "Mining. It never changes."

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
-- The Siberia joke ( which I can't remember if it began in one of the Divine Fire games or in "The Dangers of Fraternization")

The joke originated in the second Divine Fire game with the MGB agents.  Occasionally Stalin would pop out of nowhere and say something to the effect of:

"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

ThadExMachina

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • I put these words inside your brain.
    • View Profile
Someone needs to start a kickstarter for Ron Perlman to do an intro voice over for Minecraft. "Mining. It never changes."

Considering how many updates Minecraft [has gone/will continue to go] through, this would essentially be paying the man to lie to us.
"You who read me, are you sure you understand my language?"
--Jorge Luis Borges

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Someone needs to start a kickstarter for Ron Perlman to do an intro voice over for Minecraft. "Mining. It never always changes."

Considering how many updates Minecraft [has gone/will continue to go] through, this would essentially be paying the man to lie to us.

FIXED
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM

So... acting then. Ha ha! Take that actors. That being money, see above.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
RJ was in town last night so I ran a game for him, drew and aaron. It reminded me of a thing we've said many a time "I make a parabolic microphone out of Styrofoam and dreams" which originated from RJ during the 1980s League game. He played McGuyver and did just that.

edwardian_adventurer

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
RJ was in town last night so I ran a game for him, drew and aaron. It reminded me of a thing we've said many a time "I make a parabolic microphone out of Styrofoam and dreams" which originated from RJ during the 1980s League game. He played McGuyver and did just that.

I listened to that game for the first time last week. It also involved Cody as a down-and-out Mr. T who was willing to work for food. And he ate a Gremlin.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
"I pity the fool who... aw hell, I need work!"