Author Topic: The RPPR Catchphrase, In-joke, and Obscure Reference Appreciation Station  (Read 327869 times)

PaperGangster

Caleb claiming divinity by saying "swear to me" others have said it but Caleb owns it.

Did the sketch of the dogs ever get posted?

Darthrex

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
It's posted on the Unspeakable Oath Podcast as Operation Downside. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-unspeakable-oath-actual/id443923663
Enjoy!
I cast summon pedant.

PaperGangster

It's posted on the Unspeakable Oath Podcast as Operation Downside. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-unspeakable-oath-actual/id443923663
Enjoy!

Thank you very much, but I was referring to the pencil sketch.  Our resident mad genius drew a picture of the dogs, or rather of a statue made in their honor; the dedication alone is worth the hunt.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Enjoy!

Thank you very much, but I was referring to the pencil sketch.  Our resident mad genius drew a picture of the dogs, or rather of a statue made in their honor; the dedication alone is worth the hunt.

it was posted to the RPPR facebook group

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Hahahaha! Holy shit! I forgot about that drawing.

AlchemicFox

• View Profile
I have spent a good hour mining this thread for song titles.

Also, Psychosomatic UTI.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
So it occurs to me that we make references during AP episodes that some listeners may not understand. Thus, I am making a thread that will canonically answer every dumb thing we've said over the course of many, many games. Please ask or answer as many references as you can. I'll start

"A Broken Toy for your Broken Home"

Said by: Tom, usually.

Origin: During a playtest of the Road Trip campaign, (The Sentai Rangers chapter) Jason's character broke a toy and returned it to a NPC  while saying "here's a broken toy for your broken home."

This episode is in Volume 1 of RPPR B-Sides.

Peter K.

• View Profile
"Why can't I quit you!?"

Possibly a misquote of Brokeback Mountain:  "I wish I knew how to quit you."

Also:

(Sung in a low psychotic voice or through gritted teeth) "Tammy...  Tammy... Tammy's in love!"

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

From the tone it's usually spoken I figured Tammy was being filtered through a re-quote by an actor in another movie (Fear and Loathing maybe?).  But I can't find an exact reference.

PaperGangster

(Sung in a low psychotic voice or through gritted teeth) "Tammy...  Tammy... Tammy's in love!"

From the tone it's usually spoken I figured Tammy was being filtered through a re-quote by an actor in another movie (Fear and Loathing maybe?).  But I can't find an exact reference.

It is indeed a requote.  :)

In a somewhat forgettable 1988 comedy called The Wrong Guys, John Goodman played an escaped convict/psychotic killer named Duke Earle.  I really wish my google-fu was strong enough to locate the scene, but he puts together a rifle while singing that song.  Sadly, we cannot begin to do justice to the scene through mere description; you have to see the descent into madness yourself.

Peter K.

• View Profile

It is indeed a requote.  :)

In a somewhat forgettable 1988 comedy called The Wrong Guys, John Goodman played an escaped convict/psychotic killer named Duke Earle.  I really wish my google-fu was strong enough to locate the scene, but he puts together a rifle while singing that song.  Sadly, we cannot begin to do justice to the scene through mere description; you have to see the descent into madness yourself.
Sadly not free anywhere I can find on Roku either.  Just through snail mail Netflix.

Might as well put it in the queue.  Oh, the lengths I'll go to.

Thanks for the insight.  :)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Couldn't think of a better place to put this.

My all time favorite moment of AP was replaced when I listened to Tribes of Tokyo today.

My Top favorite AP quotes are currently as follows(number 2 being number 1 until today)

1. I've got it. Use your nose, and hide the drugs in your bloodstream.(In reference to Jason trying to find a way to avoid taking the drug through sleight of hand.)
2. Uhh Cuz she was born this way!(In reference to Jasons sister in Heroes of New Arcadia listening to Lady Gaga after she found out about her powers. I seriously laughed so hard I cried, I had to stop the playback for that one.)
3. Death trap is singular, and therefore incorrect.(It was in Know Evil, I just don't remember exactly when... I think it was when the team was doing ths salvage op with Magda.)
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Peter K.

• View Profile
Re: The RPPR Catchphrase, In-joke, and Obscure Reference Appreciation Station
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:49 AM »
In a Hagrid voice:  "You're a wizard (Insert name here) !"

Typically, "You're a wizard Harry!"

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2013, 02:10:03 PM »
I bet somebody has already asked about this one, and I can't find it because I don't know how it's spelled:

Tom: "Wackety Schmackety Doooooooo!"
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

edwardian_adventurer

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »
Thanks!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/