Author Topic: Future game for Raillery  (Read 55378 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Future game for Raillery
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 02:24:57 AM »
It seems to come and go. Episode 20 did it but now it doesn't. The new one does it now. *sigh* I guess I'll... update my drivers or whatever people do.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
It seems to come and go. Episode 20 did it but now it doesn't. The new one does it now. *sigh* I guess I'll... update my drivers or whatever people do.

Which version of FF are you running? I had problems with the last version (pre-19.0.2) doing the same thing. Occasionally, the sound on YouTube and other websites just would not play. I had to reset the browser to get it to work. I haven't had the same problems with this version though.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
No idea. I haven't updated in awhile though so I'll look into it when I get back to my PC.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

mmmmm organ trail looks like a good thing to see Ross and the crew trek along.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:14 AM »

This game looks like it would make a great Raillery video.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »
Yuss, more of Killzone's happy murdered family past. I can't fathom why it isn't used more in the game (both space-bros seeing different horrors), as it's make it a good blend of the generic money-making shooter EA wants it to be and a genuinely frightening horror story that the fans want.

Also, I'd love to see the RPPR crew tackle Trine and its sequel.. It's incredibly fun to play with mates.
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:47 PM »
Trine 2 is an amazing game. Having friends makes it exceptionally more so. And the trolling! The endless, hilarious trolling.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2013, 03:19:01 AM »
Here's an old one but always fun to watch. Magicka. Good 4 player game even just doing the arena mode is fun.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
Hey Ross. How do you record the voice comms in your videos? It seems like you record the in-game voice channel, and it would sound a lot better if everyone involved had a discrete Audacity recording that you synchronize in editing.

Just have a count-off before recording to give you an idea of where to start the audio track.

caleb sounds so weird in the dead space videos. like a different man

spooky

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
Hey Ross. How do you record the voice comms in your videos? It seems like you record the in-game voice channel, and it would sound a lot better if everyone involved had a discrete Audacity recording that you synchronize in editing.

Just have a count-off before recording to give you an idea of where to start the audio track.

caleb sounds so weird in the dead space videos. like a different man

spooky

welcome to the wonderful world of the technical limitations of the Roxio game capture HD device and the 360 - the thing is, even recording my voice is technically not even supposed to be possible with the Roxio - I had to spend a long ass time figuring out how to record my voice at all. It involves getting a headset with an audio out jack that I could then split and plug into the PC.

When I record, all of the game video and audio, except for my voice, is recorded as a single .MTS video file. My voice is recorded separately through Audacity. Then I have to filter the hell out of my voice, because by default it generates a lot of noise that I have to remove with the Noise Removal filter.

I've set the 360 up so Caleb's voice is much louder than the game sound and music and it lowers the volume even further when he speaks. As far as I know, that's the limit to what can be done with recording on the 360. If you can find a better tutorial for the Roxio game capture HD, then I'd be happy to try it out.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
Yeah I wasn't even thinking about it being on the 360. Anything I try to say on the subject would be 100% ass-talkin' since I've never messed with a capture kit before. Getting the kind of Audacity setup I had in mind to work with everyone on a console would be a nightmare for all involved.

EDIT: mts what the hell

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
Yeah I wasn't even thinking about it being on the 360. Anything I try to say on the subject would be 100% ass-talkin' since I've never messed with a capture kit before. Getting the kind of Audacity setup I had in mind to work with everyone on a console would be a nightmare for all involved.

EDIT: mts what the hell

High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called "AVCHD;" used by Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorders; based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.

AVCHD stands for "Advanced Video Codec High Definition." The format was jointly established by both Panasonic and Sony in 2006. MTS files can typically be opened and edited using the software included with Sony and Panasonic HD camcorders.

I see technical skills like running a website, editing podcasts, videos, and recording game footage as bottomless pits of despair. You throw your time into the pits and hope for some kind of return but you're never good enough and there's always more to learn.

Capitalocracy

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:45 PM »
But luckily you happen to love bottomless pits of despair.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
they sure as hell don't love me