Author Topic: RPPR Listeners: Who gets to play on a regular basis?  (Read 29364 times)

Kemlin Dragos

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
RPPR Listeners: Who gets to play on a regular basis?
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:15:51 AM »
I've been wondering this for a while.

How many of you listeners in the Forum actually get to game on a regular basis?

I never ever get to play. My entire gaming career is three games of D&D 4th Ed. in a homebrew setting that I wrote and Dm'ed which was ill fated from the start.

I devour sourcebooks and love to write settings and scenarios, but can never find many people that have the time or the inclination to play. Actual Plays and sourcebooks are as close as i get actually rolling dice.

Anyone else out there in the same boat? Or is my life truly that sad?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:18:31 AM by Kemlin Dragos »

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Listeners: Who gets to play on a regular basis?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:34:48 AM »
I play every other week with the same group of Grognards.  Usually something GURPS based

And on top of that I squeeze a pickup game in once in a blue moon.   Last few times were Cthulu and Dogs in the Vineyard.

But given that I'm moving, this will change.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:41:24 AM by Gorkamorka »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 03:45:05 AM »
I've at last gotten into a game of Pathfinder with people who don't want to play un-famous games. But I am having fun playing the worst cleric ever.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:33:41 AM »
I play every other week with the same group of Grognards.  Usually something GURPS based

And on top of that I squeeze a pickup game in once in a blue moon.   Last few times were Cthulu and Dogs in the Vineyard.

i'm imagining you drinking TAB and Hawkwind & Led Zepplin playing in the background :3
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Gorkamorka

• Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:20:15 AM »

i'm imagining you drinking TAB and Hawkwind & Led Zepplin playing in the background :3

Nah.  No TAB, we have been shifting to healthy in the last few years.  The regular DM has gone from 140kg down to 85kg.
And we don't play Zepplin.  We don't play any music.  We take our game SERIOUSLY!  ;D
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
I run 3 to 4 games a week. Sometimes I get a chance to play; not often.

This started about... three years ago. I moved and happened to end up near enough to a game store, which had open gaming space.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »
I've been GMing a game for my regular group every week for the past two years. I think I may have actually played in a game last year...I think.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:57 PM »
After years of on and off playing star wars, and DnD 3.5, I've started running games for my group, after the first one they couldn't get enough (apparently my niche in our gaming group is investigation and horror). I now have a Modern D20 paranormal investigation game (think call of Cthulhu and Supernatural but also my own imagination running the show), a Cthulhu d20 game set in the 1920's of the same universe as the modern game, and I shall be starting a Wild Talents game set in a parallel comic-verse of the modern game.

Usually try to run the Modern game every Saturday or when-ever someone else doesn't want to GM (they really like the paranormal games and any other games have taken a back seat recently). The two friends who are in the 1920s game actually came to me wanting me to run it as I had the book and they love wearing suits and fedoras (they will on occasion arrive at our games dressed for the occasion XD), wild talents game will probably be the same schedule as the 1920s game (whenever during the week starting at 1 in the morning.)

...I think that's all of 'em... oh and I play in a Monsters game over skype every other week.   

So I guess I'm at 4 games now, 6 if you include the games that don't usually get a lot of love.

And I believe all this kicked in during the fall of 2012.
Liquid Water?

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
I've got a weekly Tuesday game.(Used to be Wednesday and used to be Wild Talents now It's Tuesday 3.5)

A bimonthly (thats twice a month for those of you who think bi monthly means every other month. 'MURICA!) Sunday game that I just joined.

Then a friend of mine comes into town to play a long long long running game that we play one session every few months.

So I play fairly often.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

edwardian_adventurer

• View Profile
    • The Edwardian Adventuerer Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I have forced my wife and one of her friends into a couple of nWoD games. Apart from that, I haven't played anything since high school. It has made me seriously reconsider the quality of my friends.  >:(

Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
I have forced my wife and one of her friends into a couple of nWoD games. Apart from that, I haven't played anything since high school. It has made me seriously reconsider the quality of my friends.  >:(

This thread is starting to depress me.

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
I have a regular group of like minded Gamers who get together weekly to play whatever. We have a number of GMs and an above average number of players (6-8) so things can get a little tiresome when it gets to combat. At the moment we are continuing our long awaited campaign of SLA Industries, all the while trying to skirt away from one of our players doing his best to get us to play Shadowrun 3rd ed again. Thankfully we cycle GM's and systems to try and keep things fresh when current GM starts to get tired. So far we've had instances of Fear Itself, Call of Cthulhu (half of Masks of Nyarlathotep until the players got totally lost and eaten by the Bloated lady), Dnd 4th ed (limited due to edition wars), Shadowrun (ugh) and A great campaign of Warhammer Fantasy (the Fantasy flight edition).
I'm waiting for Base raiders to drop so I can roll out my Sonic powered Opera inspired Superhero Vobrato!

I may complain a lot about them but I wouldn't replace these guys for the world.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »
Sounds nice to have multiple GM's.

We have 2 in my current gaming group one of which being me.

I usually run things but it's nice to have someone to switch with. I generally like to do both roles equally but you guys sound like you've got a good system worked out.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
I'm fighting a losing scheduling battle to run a game of Spirit of the Century with my old group.
Sometime when school and work and life aren't so insane, I'll actually run that bet game for the forums folks.

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »
At some point my group played 8 games a week.  I currently run or play in 3 or 4 every week.