Author Topic: BaseRaiders  (Read 319435 times)

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
BaseRaiders
« on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »
So, Ross, how is it coming along?
Can we expect it in July, or did the project hit unexpected snags?

Has anything surprising come out of the playtesting?  How is FATE holding up?

Thanks
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: BaseRaiders
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Since Ross hasn't begun his incessant bugging me (and assumed Caleb) about proofreading the project, I would assume that it's on schedule, but going slower than he had hoped.

Ross is pretty good about hitting deadlines though.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
Things I imagined from the phrase "hitting deadlines" over the span of three minutes:

Hiring assassins to kill said deadline

Ross physically striking someone (let's say... Thad) wearing a 'deadline' sash

Taking a train used and operated by ghosts

A first person zombie shooter were the 'deadlines' are lines of computer code that must be removed

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »
It's still set for a July release - I am a bit behind because I wrote part of the upcoming Transhuman source book for Eclipse Phase - that took some time. Most of the art is in and I'm also done with the layout template. I just want to finish writing up the setting material.

Right now, it's about 100k words. I expect it to be 120-130k words.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:56:01 AM »
If only your wishes didn't keep getting corrupted

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
If you are looking for a snappy subtitle might I suggest:

"Those bases are not going to raid themselves."

Or of course the classic which studies have shown will enhance your chances of getting laid with arty types with their glasses and book learning:

"Climbing a rope of sand."

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
Hey Ross - with the creation of FATE Core as an open system, are you sticking with a base of STRANGE FATE or will Base Raiders be using FATE Core?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
Hey Ross - with the creation of FATE Core as an open system, are you sticking with a base of STRANGE FATE or will Base Raiders be using FATE Core?

Sticking with Strange Fate.

EndersLegend

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
I finally got to listen to the podcast on it. I'm in the process of moving almost 5000 away so I'm a bit behind. I'm very intrigued by the game.  I wish I could have contributed to the kickstarter before it ended. I also wish I had met you guys at some point. I used to spend a lot of time in Springfield with some family before I'd head up to Bellair. You guys seem like you'd be fun to game with. Well, good bye people of the near-Ozarks.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
I finally got to listen to the podcast on it. I'm in the process of moving almost 5000 away so I'm a bit behind. I'm very intrigued by the game.  I wish I could have contributed to the kickstarter before it ended. I also wish I had met you guys at some point. I used to spend a lot of time in Springfield with some family before I'd head up to Bellair. You guys seem like you'd be fun to game with. Well, good bye people of the near-Ozarks.

You should have posted something about it. I'm fine with doing a RPPR meetup in Springfield if some fans are actually able to make it.

EndersLegend

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 03:17:28 AM »

You should have posted something about it. I'm fine with doing a RPPR meetup in Springfield if some fans are actually able to make it.

I would have loved it. I don't have a lot of trouble finding groups but, good groups are another story.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
Am reading through the book and am honestly finding the rules, especially around character creation, a touch difficult to follow. Perhaps I am dense (always a possibility) or just not familiar with the Strange Fate core rules.

Am going to start to comb the internet a bit to look for examples and some play. Anyone had any advice on where to start looking?

I did find that listening to the Eclipse Phase podcasts did make it a lot easier to learn those rules. Any chance the RPPR crew or others are recording podcasts of actual plays (or even some character creation walk throughs) in the near future?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »
Fate in general can be difficult to get your head around; they tend to be over written with Fate Core probably being the biggest exception.

I can try to help you out if you've got Fate based questions.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
There is an example character creation process in the book and the NPC heroes are all made with standard rules. I highly recommend this link to help calculate point cost values for skills: http://apopheniaevolved.com/content/kerberos_club_custom_skill_generator

Finally, you better fucking believe there will be character creation and APs for Base Raiders.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
Going to take a second pass at the rules tonight after I have had a few days to ruminate on it and have read through the other characters examples. We shall see if I can get my "wrong side of mid 30's don't want to learn no new fancy pants rules when THAC0 was good enough for me when I was a kid" brain to figure it out.