General Category > RPGs

BaseRaiders

<< < (54/54)

clockworkjoe:
I would stat up the cowboy as the main character with the human as the companion. Role play it as the human being the main character but that would be easier to model.

I wrote several articles on baseraiders.com about powers and character creation. Here's the most important one: http://www.baseraiders.com/2013/12/02/character-creation-survival-guide/

I like the rest of the team! Good character concepts.

I don't check the forum as much as I do the RPPR Patreon Discord or our Facebook group. I'll try to keep an eye on it in the future.

Teapot:

--- Quote from: The Wizard Burke on January 01, 2018, 01:17:47 PM ---So one of the characters is a completely normal guy whose "powers" are the fact that he's mystically tied to a animatronic cowboy powered by the Platonic Western Hero, named Rusty Sprocket. Sort of a Johnny Thunder thing but with a magical robot cowboy instead of a genie. My question is how I should set Rusty up? My thought is to build him as a Companion, with a good bit of refresh dumped into him. But maybe I should also include some Strange skills with a snag making it so that only Rusty can use the powers? Y'know things to reflect superhuman gunfighting skill, and such.

--- End quote ---

How does he want to use Rusty?
If Rusty's another dude hanging out and playing the harmonica, cooking beans, and shooting dudes that's a companion.
Does he get skills from mystic bleedtrhough? Like shootin' six guns and hogtyin'? That's a skill.
Does he have background benefits from the link? Like being hardier or stabler, that's a skill with stress capacities or defenses.
Similarly, being connected to Rusty might be a signature aspect which is just a free fate point every scene and more nebulous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version