Author Topic: Gencon events are now posted  (Read 18432 times)

Marik

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Gencon events are now posted
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:00:24 PM »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Gencon events are now posted
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
There's the times and codes for my games for anyone interested. I scored one of the Marriott Ballrooms, Ballroom 9 for all of my games apparently which is awesome since that's my hotel.

By a horrible stroke of luck my games are going to prevent me from going to the ArcDream and Pagan Publishing panels which makes me very sad. I hope Ross is going to record them again this year so I can hear them later. Or maybe I'll pull the old Adam Scott Glancy trick and kill all of my players as quickly as possible.

Delta Green; 8/16, 10:00am: RPG1344103

Better Angels; 8/16, 7:00pm: RPG1347799

Delta Green; 8/17, 10:00am: RPG1344131

Better Angels; 8/17, 7:00pm: RPG1347800

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
The list is quite daunting. Not sure how I am going to choose what I want to do. Gah.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
Although this class looks to be a must attend:

Class Name:
Rope Bondage Beginners Class
Description:
Come learn how to play safely with your rope, that you keep. Learn quite a few basic ties then spend time playing with your new skills. Our team will help you on all your BDSM questions and needs.

I am all for people getting their kink on in any way that is consensual but taking a class in BSDM at GenCon for some reason is causing me a huge cognitive disconnect.

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
^ What the hell? Why do people think this is a good venue for that? The *crowd* is a different story, and I have no doubt that there are lot of gamers in the kink scene. But why GenCon?

Anyway, check this out. It's an improved version of the catalog, and much more searchable: http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2013.cgi

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
Is the True Dungeon stuff worth doing at all? I had someone tell me I should not miss it but the hole idea sort of turns me off.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
why gencon?

huge market :3

and all BDSM is is ways to help people to get out of their egos/heads -- the pain, humiliation, methods, etc are just the tools to get to that state...and aren't RPGs like that, in a way? to be able to forget aboot yourself for a short while?
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »
I mean, I'm getting a bit of a cognitive disconnect from seeing it too. But on the other hand, it being there doesn't exactly impinge on GenCon being a gaming convention, so, whatever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
Hey Tim,

With regard to the True Dungeon event I can understand your thoughts on it. I'm kinda the same way but I've heard nothing but good things. So a friend and I are going to give it a shot. Were trying to get into the Thursday 10:01 am Lycan's Afoot (puzzle orientated) TDA1348048.

Feel free to join us for this one if you decide to go. That goes for all other forum members as well:)

Marik

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:51 PM »
I do want to note I have no outrage at a BSDM seminar (how dare they host that filth at such a good and clean and pure convention ... yeah I cannot even write that in jest). People have a right, dare I say responsibility, to find out what makes them tick. I guess that might very well be a failing of me that it gave me such pause.

I am still putting together my schedule of events myself and me (and possibly my wife) may attempt to join you for the True Adventure session. Given registration is Sunday I need to get that worked out soon.

Are their any other reoccurring events from year to year at are a must attends?

I want to attend some seminars on One Role, Eclipse Phase, and Gumshoe. I got a few RPGs games on my list as well.  I do wish there was more Dirty World games, if I am using the site right it looks like Ross is the only one running one and given his status I suspect my chances of getting into that are very low, as I want to actually see that work in person. The Actual Plays have given me a pretty good idea and I have the books as well but nothing like actually being thrown into the middle of the fire to really learn.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:00:24 PM by TimB »

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:12 PM »
Only one Gumshoe game and it looks pretty awesome - Now I need two bouts of luck to get into a game only running once.

http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2013.cgi/event/RPG1342022

Hoping it draws from Kate Beaton as the source material although they do not credit it.

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=199
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=218

Darthrex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
So other than Tadanori and Ross, who else is running games at gencon?
I cast summon pedant.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 08:03:50 AM »
Tad: I'm going to try to get into one of your Better Angels games.

Tim: After reading a few articles and looking at my event schedule, were going to try to do True Dungeon on Friday instead. The event is 
Lycans Afoot! (puzzle-oriented) Friday 9:01 AM TDA1348113. The reason being is that everything I have read says Thursday is the best day to tour the exhibit hall so I'm trying to keep the events light on this day. I still have the Thursday TD event in my wish list in case I don't get the Friday one. I'll make a post here as soon as my wishlist gets processed Sunday.

I have read that I can drop conflicting or unwanted events after the wish list has been processed but before paying. So there should be no harm in having this event in my wishlist twice. Can anyone here confirm this?

Thanks,
Marik

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
I have read that I can drop conflicting or unwanted events after the wish list has been processed but before paying. So there should be no harm in having this event in my wishlist twice. Can anyone here confirm this?

That's the way it has worked in the past so it should remain the same. They do change up the system a little each year.

Marik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
I was 2008th in line after i clicked submit. about 1400 in line right now.

Update:

I didn't do so well. I didn't realize the system would block me out from conflicting events based on my priority list. I didn't get any of the RPGs I selected and now I can't add others until all the wish lists are processed. Hopefully there will be some good RPGs left later tonight or tomorrow. Looks like my scehdule will be more flexable then I thought.

I did get that Thursday morning True Dungeon run though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:27:37 PM by Marik »