Author Topic: I've missed y'all  (Read 9718 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
I've missed y'all
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »
So over the past year or two (largely the past year), I have slipped away from RPGs and the podcast and the forums and whatnot (the last with me largely just lurking).  That said, I've recently been looking through my iTunes and remembering how much I've enjoyed listening to games and episodes and whatnot.  Problem is, I suspect this new found "free time" will not last once I start teaching in the fall (while earning a Master's).  So, my question to you, what APs are "must listens" from the last two years (basically since July 2011).  I am super keen on Heroes of New Arcadia and Know Evil (as I did listen to the first few of each before my hiatus), but I worry I won't actually get around to finishing them in a timely manner at this point, so which one-shots or "mini" campaigns were particularly memorable or stick out in your mind as fun, creepy, or just plain interesting?

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: I've missed y'all
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
For fun APs I'd suggest 'A Dirty World: Long Island' and 'The Quiet Year: Crayfish'

For creepy APs, my reccomendations are 'Call of Cthulhu Preemptive Revenge' 'Fear Itself: Invasive Procedure'  and 'Call of Cthulhu: Danger Roadwork Ahead'

For mini-campaigns... well I'd say the Iron Heroes campaign is pretty great, Tribes of Tokyo just started and seems to be a lot of fun too, but that won't be a mini campaign.

Though I would say my definite favorite has to be the Know Evil campaign, simply because I am in deep love with the Eclipse Phase universe and because everyone at RPPR seemed to be immersed in the campaign and enjoying it a lot.

By the way, it's good to see you back. I always manage to find the time to listen to APs and the regular podcast, mostly because I listen to it when exercising, cooking, cleaning the house, or while lying in bed waiting for sleep to arrive. And, after more than two years of it, I can say that RPPR has become a large part of my daily routine and it really helps me relax after stressful days.

Don't be a stranger, there's always cool people around these forums.  ;)

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:20:39 AM »
I always manage to find the time to listen to APs and the regular podcast, mostly because I listen to it when exercising, cooking, cleaning the house, or while lying in bed waiting for sleep to arrive. And, after more than two years of it, I can say that RPPR has become a large part of my daily routine and it really helps me relax after stressful days.

Yeah, I used to listen when riding to campus and then doing my homework, which was great when I was doing physics and working with numbers.  Unfortunately, now that I teach physics, I have to come up with lesson plans, which involves writing words, and listening and writing words don't really mix for me.... :(

But cooking, that's good, now that I'll start cooking again next year (literally had no time this past year)....

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
Seconding the previous recs and adding some:

A Dirty World: Dangers of Fraternization
CoC: Danger Roadwork Ahead (listen to Lover in the Ice first, if you haven't already)
Esoterrorists: The SCP Foundation
Don’t Rest Your Head: White Lightning and Yellow Thunder
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Jason

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »
I think Tribes of Tokyo was shorter than Iron Heroes. Both are significantly shorter than Heroes of New Arcadia and Know Evil...which are still some of the best campaigns I've ever played in.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Listened to The Construct (have a weak spot for CoC one-shots), and I must say, the beginning of that game is a fine example of player logic and had me in stitches....

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »
Mckma!!!! Where you teachin'?

Also, if you find time to work out it will reduce stress, keep you healthy, and give you time to listen to some podcasts.

Also for awesome Tom related goodness the Cthulhu Invictus mini campaign (3 episodes) is super awesome roman Thad as hedonism bot and Tom being badass awesomeness.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 12:47:28 AM »
Mckma!!!! Where you teachin'?

Also, if you find time to work out it will reduce stress, keep you healthy, and give you time to listen to some podcasts.

Also for awesome Tom related goodness the Cthulhu Invictus mini campaign (3 episodes) is super awesome roman Thad as hedonism bot and Tom being badass awesomeness.

Teaching high school near Sacramento.  Yeah, walking is good, and I've started doing a little bit of geocaching, so I even have destinations to head to....