Author Topic: GET IN THE SAFEHOUSE!  (Read 7024 times)

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
GET IN THE SAFEHOUSE!
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
So I've been planning a campaign for a friend of mine, it's going to be your basic "We're running a zombie apocalypse game in our home town and you've stated out yourselves to try and survive!" However my players want to give fortification and supply records a shot for surviving. I thought it might be cool to build a stat/record sheet for the house or what ever fortification they plan to use. I decided before I go and build one from scratch, I should check online for one, and I am coming up empty handed. So I have come to you fine people to lend me a hand if you will, if such a thing exists. essential a character sheet for your survivor base of operations, similar to a record sheet for a starship in Star wars d20? only it doesn't move.

Any suggestions? Ideas? thoughts on the matter?

Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: GET IN THE SAFEHOUSE!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:09 PM »
That's a good idea but as far as I know, there is no such thing. Even zombie themed RPGs like AFMBE don't have a record sheet for a house/PC hideout.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »
Right, time for a new project to through on my plate. XD
Liquid Water?

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:39 AM »
Review Cultist,

there have been several 'build pc base' systems that various rpgs have thought up over the years.  just some of them:

Champions/HERO System

Ars Magica

GURPS Supers, Low-Tech
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
Oh, I didn't mean "project" as in a new system to build a structure, simply that I'm going to make a custom hideout stat sheet for my game, based on info I gather and throw together.

Thank you for the references, I'm going to look into those system for help.
Liquid Water?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 01:27:19 AM »
I suggest borrowing the House rules from the Song of Ice and Fire. It's a solid system and it would easily allow you, as GM, to create NPC strongholds that the PCs could ally with or have to struggle again, Walking Dead-style.

It has rules for defenses, troops, and resources built in. Just change "wealth" to "supplies" and set a cost per time instance. There's even Population and Law stats, which you could make "Survivors" and "Order". The more survivors, the more of a bonus to improvement rolls but the more supplies you have to burn through. The better the law, the less conflict.

EtherExsurgent

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 02:00:59 AM »
I know Outbreak Undead has a Stronghold record sheet for your base hideout, but never played more than a demo for the game, so don't remember how detailed it is.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »
If you play using FATE Core, you can build the safehouse similarly to a character - it gets aspects and troubles you can compel to make life interesting for the players, stress tracks to gauge damage to the structure and remaining resources inside, consequences to hurt the players with once supplies or the building are damaged enough, and stunts to represent cool stuff particular to the building, like a police department might have a 'Well-Armed' stunt. All of this could fit pretty easily on an index card.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
I'm currently using the d20 Cthulhu book for the game, it's the system my players are familiar with. (d20 systems are what they like and know), though once I learn the fate core, I might look into that.
Liquid Water?