Author Topic: These videos explains game design in less than 2 minutes  (Read 5181 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
These videos explains game design in less than 2 minutes
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

This is why you would never want to anything other than a spellcaster in 3E D&D. Because spellcasters are basically angel summoners and everyone else is a BMX bandit.

Discuss.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: These videos explains game design in less than 2 minutes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:48:15 PM »
So true. In the 3.5 campaign I am in right now, the group just waits until it is my turn (the wizard) and then I take a huge chunk of the enemy's health out, then the rest of the group does shit all. The only person who can even do half the amount of damage, or compare with the amount use I have is the ninja who can turn invisible, but alas I can turn invisible any time if I have the spell memorized.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: These videos explains game design in less than 2 minutes
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
YEah, one time my DM designed a double room (one set of double doors that open to two different rooms (which are side by side)). I was playing a bad ass aasimar sorcerer, Yan-san.
Yan-san and the cleric enter the room on the right- meanwhile the shadow dancer, and two war-forged juggernauts enter the room to the left.

And what do Yan-san and the cleric see? A beholder- awesome. What do the BMX bandits see? A lich- sooper awesome.
 The beholder uses his save or die beam on the cleric- who then dies. The lich immobilizes the BMX bandits. The beholder attempts to use the same beams of death on Yan-San Poophands Dragon's Bane, but his reflect spell causes instant death to the beholder instead. Great, 1 for 1.

The lich casts sleep on the BMX bandits and they are out of the fight. Yan-san then used gaseous form to creep into the other room and chose to use my own save or die spell on the lich- to make a long story short Yan-san summoned a horde of angels while everyone else died, or fell asleep.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.