Author Topic: Night's black agents + Wives of March  (Read 4966 times)

Zombieneighbours

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Night's black agents + Wives of March
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:10:43 AM »
So, I have been listening to Tribes of Tokyo, and it is awesome so far (at the end of episode 3). It has inspired me to do a modern conspiracy horror game.

That said, I wasn't exactly sure about using vampires. (I've played a lot of V:tM over the years, so I am a little jaded with regards to them.)

Instead, I thought, what about The Companions from The Wives of March, because 'Caleb is a mad genius'.

So, I thought I might let you guys know how the idea develops, as I start putting it together.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Night's black agents + Wives of March
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »
It would be easy to use Night's Black Agents to run that game. Companions should be easy to stat out in NBA.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
DID SOMEBODY SAY "STAT OUT"?!

Companions

Universal:
Aberrance 8
Health 4
Hand-to-Hand 8
Weapons 8

From the moment that they are born the Companions have access to these basic abilities. This means that at birth they are masters of combat capable of besting any untrained person but lack the physical ability. Any Companion of six or older should be treated as a possible combat threat.

Children (including teenagers)
Stability: Combat with a child Companion forces a Stability roll with a 3-loss on a failure due to the disturbing nature of being attacked by and attacking a child. Killing the Companion without knowledge of their underlying nature is a second Stability roll.

Adult
Health: Increase by 2.
Spread 12 additional points between Health, Weapons, and Hand to Hand to reflect an individual Companion's focus.
Shooting: 2. Any Companions young enough for the modern era have been exposed to firearms and can operate them without problem. Increase this to 6 or 8 if a specific Companion has dedicate time to learning to shoot.

Slasher Movement: By spending 2 Aberrance a Companion can enter of leave a room or area such as a street without drawing attention unless someone is actively watching them. Even a momentary glance away is enough for one to slip away.

Middle aged
Add a deformity of some kind. Missing limbs and extreme scarring are most common. These deformities generally do not inhibit the Companion's rolls. Witnessing a Companion acting in spite of their apparent limitation (climbing a ladder at speed with only one arm, leaping between rooftops with one leg) forces a Stability test with a 3 loss on a failure.

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
Thanks for stating out these characters.
I just bought Caleb's book and I plan on starting this game next week.