Author Topic: WoW the card game raiding and other card based RPGs  (Read 6270 times)

Murph

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
WoW the card game raiding and other card based RPGs
« on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »
So today, me and 5 other dudes are going to do an Onyixia raid in the form of the WoW card game.  We have each bought the Dark Portal starter set.  I think we have a fury warrior for the tank, a resto shammy for healing, a hunter, two mage, and a rogue.  We fully expect to wipe, but hope to have fun doing it.

If it's "successful", we hope to purchase a pack a week ( farming), raid once a week, and eventually take that dragon down.

Does anyone know of any other card based RPGs?  I know of Red Dragon Inn, a really good board game based on adventures getting drunk, after a hard day of questing, at the inn, but that does have much role playing in it (even if it is hilarious)

Murph

• View Profile
Re: WoW the card game raiding and other card based RPGs
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »
Update!

We actually did three raids.  Molten Core, Onxiya, and The Black Temple. 

All three were a blast!  For those of you who have not done this sort of thing before, I would recommend it.  The basic format is 5 players take on another player who is the bosses.  The 5 heroes all have decks, usually a tank deck, a healer deck, a dps deck (striker for you 4ed only nerds ;))  At various times, various trash mobs spawn (think mooks),  the boss gets to use there signature attacks, and many huzzahs are said when the boss goes down!

dragonshaos

• Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »
I've played this card game.  I have several decks of heroes.  And I stopped wasting my money on it cause it's a bad card game system, the Horde cards are better because more of them can attack once played, and the Warlock hero is pretty much the winner if you have the Infernal card.

It was ok fun at first, now its eh.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:02:57 PM »
i never played it but it looks fun, ive only played magic the gathering. but i hear wow is nothing like that

Murph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »
I've played both.  It's similar but imagine only certain creatures can block, you can attack any creature, not just players, and every card could be played as a land.

Were not noticing a balance problem, as were all horde and focusing in raiding.