Author Topic: THE QUEUE: Whacha got in YOUR gaming pipeline  (Read 71664 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: THE QUEUE: Whacha got in YOUR gaming pipeline
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
About to start a new World of Darkness game. Very excited. I get to test my Hunter city on a bunch of mortals before transforming them into supernatural creatures. Let the torment begin!

Henry Hankovitch

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »
"Okay guys, the only Call of Cthulhu character sheets are these Dark Ages ones, so you'll have to write in Computer Use and such..."

"What, we're not actually playing Dark Age?  That would be boss."

"Well, I was thinking about this thing with vikings-"

"We could be Templars!  I love Templars!  Do a Templars game!"

So eventually I'm going to run Call of Medieval Cthulhu, where the PCs are a group of Templar associates.  You could have a knight, a monk-scholar, a sergeant-at-arms, a traveling merchant, etc.  (Since the Templars owned so many properties and business enterprises across Europe, you could work in almost any sort of medieval character as someone who was working with/for the Templars, even if they aren't a knight/priest/monk.)  Current plan is to set it just before King Philip IV outlaws the Knights Templar--it lets me potentially use the looming persecution of the Templars as campaign-ending plot element.

I also think I'm going to work in the idea that the Templars themselves are riddled with Mythos forces.  Going with more of the secret-society/mystery-cult concept, where the higher you are in the organization, the more of the "mysteries" are revealed to you.  And it's all couched in Christian mythology and medieval superstition--the PCs may even get to use magical artifacts or mythos magic in the form of what they believe are saint's reliquaries, fragments of the Cross, and Solomon's lost writings.  There will totally be a Holy Grail and a Head of John the Baptist, and they're not actually going to have anything to do with Christianity.  I think I'm going to make up (or leave ambiguous) the Mythos power behind the Order's corruption--just referring to any manifestations as angels and demons.  So they might end up fighting Dagon or Shub-Niggurath, but as far as they're concerned they're taking orders from Garbriel or Metatron.

I'm planning it in terms of three approximate arcs.  First, the "monster hunting," where the PCs are just sent to do seemingly-mundane jobs and end up brushing up against Deep Ones.  Then comes the "holy warriors," where they start taking on increased powers from the leadership to handle more difficult and mysterious forces.  And then the climax, where they have the twin Big Bads of the French monarchy and their own cultist brethren.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »
PCs are about done with the Jovian Republic chapter of Duality. Next chapter will be Extropia and then one focused on the Ultimates.

I also want to run some 5E at some point.

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
PCs are about done with the Jovian Republic chapter of Duality. Next chapter will be Extropia and then one focused on the Ultimates.

I can't see how sending the Duality Team to Xiphos or Ariel could possibly go wrong!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 05:17:30 PM »

I can't see how sending the Duality Team to Xiphos or Ariel could possibly go wrong!

Aaron impersonating an ultimate again is pretty much reason 2 or 3 of why I'm looking forward to running that chapter. Reason 1 being seeing what kind of plan Caleb will come up with to manipulate the Ultimates.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »

Aaron impersonating an ultimate again is pretty much reason 2 or 3 of why I'm looking forward to running that chapter. Reason 1 being seeing what kind of plan Caleb will come up with to manipulate the Ultimates.

Oh man, The Devotees, Aaron's Ultimate disguise started out rough, but got kind-of better later. Hopefully he'll get it this time. Just remember, think more ascetic warrior-monk than hard-ass space marine.

And I'm sure Caleb will have no problem being his usual manipulative async self, though that does make me wonder if higher ranking Ultimates would have some sort of Psi-defense due to their meditations and general extreme self-improvement dogma.

*Update*
Oh, I guess I should mention that I'm (slowly)working on a Monsters And Other Childish Things game sent in The Lost Project. I figure I can use Muses as Monsters and the Weird Kid rules for async/simulspace hacker abilities. I just relistened to Know Evil for the third time and took some notes on how Caleb set up the Project as inspiration. If anybody is interested I plan on running it for the Google Plus group, so join up there and I'll post a notification once it's ready.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:31:53 PM by Kamen »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »
Muses as monsters in a simulspace only setting is perfect. You might tune down their power a bit though  - maybe 4 points per hit location or something?

In EP canon, async powers don't work in simulspace, but then again how did all the kids get async powers in the first place?

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll probably do that and give the kids, or rather teens at the point in the project I plan on running this, a few extra points to fiddle with. The async stuff I'm still kind of waffling on, but I could just call weird kid powers hacking and just hint at Psi powers.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
I could async powers working in simulspace if the Titan (or whatever) that is secretly infecting all of the kids with the Watts McCloud virus wants to teach the kids about their kewl new powers they will have in meatspace so it hacks in simulated versions of their async powers.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
I could async powers working in simulspace if the Titan (or whatever) that is secretly infecting all of the kids with the Watts McCloud virus wants to teach the kids about their kewl new powers they will have in meatspace so it hacks in simulated versions of their async powers.

Ohhh! That's pretty good, thanks Ross! This'll actually work out pretty well since, according to the core book, the kids are being run through simulspace school while they are sleeved into their Futura bodies on the Project's secret research stations.

Also, I guess I should put this out there, but so long as I get this up to my own satisfactory quality levels I'd love to run this for the RPPR crew, or any of the forum peoples, at Gen Con this year, provided you guys would be interested and not too busy.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
Started a mortals World of Darkness game and it is going well. I don't really think of my WoD games as having 'started' until the third or fourth game when things start to get weird.

This week I'll be kicking off a new 'survival horror' D&D 5th Edition game set in Ravenloft and based on the upcoming video game Bloodborne which itself is a spirutal continuation of Demon Souls and Dark Souls. Each player has been infected by a disease of some kind and is seeking out a legendary city which supposedly has the cure of all sorts of ailments but each player has heard a slightly different legend so they aren't sure where to go first. They can only regain hit dice by satisfying their disease, not through rest.

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
This week my group will finally begin the Numenera campaign,  The Devil's Spine.  AP's will be recorded for the Community AP site.  :D

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
This week I'll be kicking off a new 'survival horror' D&D 5th Edition game set in Ravenloft and based on the upcoming video game Bloodborne which itself is a spirutal continuation of Demon Souls and Dark Souls. Each player has been infected by a disease of some kind and is seeking out a legendary city which supposedly has the cure of all sorts of ailments but each player has heard a slightly different legend so they aren't sure where to go first. They can only regain hit dice by satisfying their disease, not through rest.

This sounds really cool, Tad! I'd love to hear how this goes.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
This Saturday, my brothers, my wife and I will be doing character creation and campaign aspect choices for Base Raiders! Woo!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
This Sunday, I'm gonna take my first crack at running one of Caleb's No Security scenarios! Bryson Springs, here we come!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/