Author Topic: APs, Spoilers, and Con Game Etiquette - Bryson Springs  (Read 5539 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
APs, Spoilers, and Con Game Etiquette - Bryson Springs
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
A conundrum: I've listened to an Actual Play recording of a scenario, but now the opportunity presents itself to actually *play* the scenario at a convention. Is it bad etiquette to do so? I don't want to deprive some other person of their chance to enjoy the scenario, and I don't want to inadvertently risk "spoilers" for my fellow players...but I also really wanna play. And I don't remember the details of the scenario all that well...

To put all my cards on the table, I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for Caleb's "Bryson Springs" game at Fear the Con. Just about the only thing I remember from the AP is that it's a bad idea to set the orchard on fire. What do you guys think? Especially, I guess, what do you think, Caleb?
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Biest

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: APs, Spoilers, and Con Game Etiquette - Bryson Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:39 PM »
I would not mind it if you can keep the spoilers to yourself. But in the end you should, if talking is possible before signing, be honest with the GM about it and make the decision after that. And if you allready have the spot you might still want to tell the GM that you have been spoiled about some things. Might be something that can be used at the table, at least they'll know when to stop you from spoiling something.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »
Yeah, just let me know. If you've played the scenario before, I'll suggest you for the gangster pregen. Since you know what's going on from a meta-game perspective, the novelty of the game could be roleplaying and trying to convince the other PCs to let you out of your cuffs.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
Thanks, guess I'll sign up, then! I had actually forgotten about the gangster. That sounds like a cool option (unless somebody else really wants to play him; we'll see at the table).
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/