Author Topic: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies  (Read 182704 times)

TheGeorge

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • is not doing much
    • View Profile
Re: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »
I have been entirely pre-occupied with tea and biscuits ever since hearing of the possible routes of questioning, I suddenly get back into my sense, stand up and say "where in hells name did they go?" before remembering my manners, pulling myself together and then following with "erm...Colonel."

(in character way of saying, oops I've not replied for a bit and am now apparently sat there awkwardly with Colonel Blood as everyone else wanders off.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:53:03 AM by TheGeorge »
This little pig built a spaceship,
This little pig paid the bill;
This little pig made isotopes,
This little pig popped a pill;
But this little pig did nothing at all,
And he’s just a little pig still.
-

Jomon Dogu

• hand-fisted meat machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »
Carefully keeping the paper in the trash and unseen by the others, I open the crumpled paper, read it quickly, and fold it back up, concealing it in my hand and slipping it covertly into my pocket. "Just making sure we weren't missing anything crucial. Everyone's hiding something, don't you know. With things as they are these days, I very much doubt there'd be a kidnapping in the city with non-political implications. Any more information to go on from our Colonel?"
[Feeding My Obsession]
Surely thine hour has come, thy great wind blows,
Far off, most secret, and inviolate Rose?

Darthrex

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 12:33:10 AM »
I give a sly smile and hold up my own sheet of paper. "Just the names of Miss Blood's lunching companions before she was taken, the colonel was less than enthusiastic about giving them up, but he acquiesced, provided we keep our good wretch on a tighter leash." And I once again give Cormac a look that is half pity, half fascination.
I cast summon pedant.

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »
"Fantastic! We could separate and visit them all at once, or make our rounds as a unit. Were I a young lady, I suspect I would prefer to be questioned by one or two strange men at my doorstep as opposed to four at once, but we've certainly time for either approach. What do you think?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:54:30 PM by Jomon Dogu »

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
I have made apologies to Colonel Blood for my compatriots leaving him so abruptly, explaining it is to be expected of them.

And I caught up with them a bit ago but have been idly listening to gleam information.
 I butt into the conversation "Well, I would tend to agree with Collin here, it makes far more sense to not frighten these ladies..." I pause to think for a moment before continuing "...So shall we split into pairs then and question these ladies?  I'd suggest you handle Cormac [Pointing at Collin] he seems to be more fragile than usual."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:28:26 PM by TheGeorge »
-

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
It takes me a moment to register Shaemus' comment: in another person, the words would be designed to attack. I sigh, not offended: pretending outrage has taken enough energy.

"Do not call me a wretch again, Shaemus, especially in public: it makes you sound like a pompous fool, and pompous American fools are targets at the moment. I have enough on my mind without having to worry about watching my back because I associated with the wrong person. If you want to hide the information you've received from the Colonel, expect the same treatment from me. And expect no payment from the colonel, as we blunder in the dark and the girl dies."

I lean against an uncovered portion of wall. "I agree with Murphy: the best option is to split up and try to cover as much ground as we can, but I think it's unwise to go alone. It's possible one of you may notice something I miss, or..." I stare pointedly at Shaemus and Colin. "Or someone may forget to mention an important detail. The best bet would be if we paired up. I plan on visiting the bar first, and if one of you would like to join me, I will visit one of the ladies afterward. The three of you may discuss amongst yourselves, so if you'll excuse me, I need to make an apology."

I walk to the door to Blood's parlor, take a breath, frown and step through.

"Colonel, I must apologize for my behavior. It has been a long time since I've been home, and it's upsetting to see it in such a state. Ireland's condition has been keeping me up, and that has put me on edge. I will see to it that your daughter is returned, no matter the danger I find myself in."
(Humble: asking a favor, specifically for him to ignore my outburst.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:07:08 PM by Teuthic »

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
The Colonel gives a smile, though it is slight and serious, "I understand. With everything that has gone on, between the War, Sinn Féin and now even my Daughter... it is as though the world has gone mad. You have also made a long trip for my sake."

"I will withhold my judgement until our next meeting. Which I hope will fare better," He pauses for a moment, "You have done well for many people, who've spoken highly of you. I do not doubt you're a good person and I only hope we might be on better terms."

He stands up and offers a handshake, "I wouldn't withhold any information that I believe would help my daughter's case. If you do find a lead on an enemy who you believe would have reason to kidnap my daughter, I will tell you all I know of the person."
Oft him anhaga   are gebideš,
metudes miltse,     žeah že he modcearig
geond lagulade   longe sceolde
hreran mid hondum    hrimcealde sę
wadan wręclastas.   Wyrd biš ful aręd!

Teuthic

• of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »
We shake hands, and I nod. "Until I have more information, then. Good day."

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
SCENE II

It takes only about half an hour to reach your respective destinations. There is some talk of pairing off, but haggling and squabbling soon breaks out and no one, it seems, is bothered to share any address which Shaemus gave them.

Cormac

You walk into Temple Bar. It's rather empty compared to how packed it is at night, you suppose it's only natural that it might be a few hours before most really intend to start drinking. You see a bartender cleaning a glass idly, while the handful of customers already at the pub drink contentedly. He looks like a man in his mid-thirties, wearing a flatcap, white button down with rolled up sleeves and an apron, with a rather gruff appearance over all.

Colin

You arrive at n. 21 Fitzwilliam, you knock at the door and are greeted by a young woman. She has red hair, done up in English fashion. Over all, you recognize her as wearing some of the more recent London fashions, though wearing it fairly casually.

"Uh, hello? Are you an associate of my father?"

Shaemus

You arrive at n. 4 Upper Mound Street, after knocking at the door, you are greeted by a professional looking man in a shirt and vest, he has a sharp moustache, dark hair and hazel eyes. He looks at you with a sort of curiousity, then says in a rather uppercrust Parisian accent,

"Hello? How may I help you?"

Murphy

You arrive at n. 16 Leeson Street, you are greeted by a rather... Bohemian looking young man. He looks slightly dishevelled and tired. Inside, you can see that this appearance extents throughout the house; canvases, paintings, sketches line the halls, some finished, some unfinished, some... well, you're not entirely sure. You assume that it is fashionable on the continent, however.

He looks to Murphy with a disinterested gaze and a distinct Bavarian accent, "Ya? What are you looking for?"

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
I tip my hat & bow my head, just like Mother taught me. "You must be Miss Willson! I apologize for this unexpected visit, but I am in fact an associate of the Colonel, your friend Eliza's father. Colin Jameson, private investigator, at your service."

I sigh, somewhat theatrically, as though it pains me to stick my nose into other peoples' business like this, and affect a more sombre demeanour. "As I'm sure you know, Miss Blood has been missing these past few days, and her poor father is terribly anxious. I've been hired to hopefully resolve the matter & discover Miss Blood's whereabouts. I wonder if you would mind me asking a few questions about the night you last saw her?"

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
"Aha, sorry to have bothered you there fella, I was told a Miss Hefner lived here. Can you get her for me?"

I await his response with a certain sharp look of it not being a request, hoping that it would give an air of me being somebody in authority.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:16:03 AM by TheGeorge »
-

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 02:28:23 AM »
n. 21 Fitzwilliam (Colin)

"Not at all," Jane says, "Though I have been asked before and I do not think that I said much of interest, I'd be happy to say what I could."

"Michael is upstairs, he is a sort of a man for odds and ends around the house, I can ring him down if you would fancy tea Mr. James'n," She leads Colin in. The house has a similar look and layout to that of Blood's, but it is slightly newer and larger. One can see a taste for more modern appearance, especially in smaller items, which seem to have been picked out by the daughter. One can recognize in the portraits that she is the youngest child with two older brothers and her mother is conspicuously absent from the family Portrait.

She leads you to the Kitchen; you can hear the sounds of someone upstairs, but otherwise the house seems empty.

"So, is there anyway I can help out?" She looks at Colin with a slightly nervous but intrigued look, eager to see if this stranger could make any more of her story.

n. 16 Leeson Street (Murphy)

"I suppose," He shrugs. He turns and shouts up the staircase, "Hey! Amy, some bloke is here to see you."

After a moment's pause, a call comes back down, she too has a distinctly German accent though this one is harder to place, "Send him up! I'm not bothered to come down."

He shrugs again, "Well, there you go."

He moves to the side with the door, then looks over at you with a hint of sympathy, "It is not worth it, friend."

Teuthic

• of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »
I cast my eye about the bar, looking for anyone or anything that seems out of place. (Sharp I guess?)

I sit down at the bar in front of the bartender. "Irish coffee."

Oisķn

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »
47-48 Temple Bar Pub, Temple Bar

You looked around but see nothing out of place. You realize the incident happened a while ago, anything would have been taken by Peelers as evidence or cleaned by the staff a long time ago.

The Bartender looks at you quizzically, "We have Coffee Cream, Coffee Cream, Ratafia and Coffee Cocktail. Don't know which one you think is more Irish."

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »
Being shown into the kitchen like a tradesman could be seen as a snub, but I figure it's likely just down to Miss Willson's age & temperament and not meant to be insulting. "I wouldn't say no to a cup, that'd be lovely. Meanwhile, we might as well start with the basics."

I take out a small notebook & pencil, and turn to a page that isn't completely covered in scraps of poetry and peoples' names and addresses. "No doubt you've been over this at least twice before with the police & the Colonel, Miss Willson, but I'd very much like to hear your personal account of the night in question leading up to Miss Blood's disappearance."