Author Topic: Monsters and Other Childish Things Questions: Candlewick Vale/Creepy Skills  (Read 4384 times)

Web

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I got goaded into running Monster and Other Childish Things, Candlewick Manor.

I have a player who has this creepy skill from the random generation table:
Strange Aeons Before Teatime (Useful: project your mind through time, from the ancient primordial elder epochs of Earth, to your birthday two months from now).  Additional Extras: Defends, Sharing.

How would you personally rule this power working.
Would it allow a person to see their own future?
Will it allow them to contact their past/future self?
How would sharing work with kid powers, would they be able to share it with other orphans? How many at a time? Would they lose access to it while sharing?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:44:59 AM by Web »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
I would treat it as a 'ask GM for advice/clues' type power with the caveat that seeing into the future may change what actually happens - nothing is set in stone etc. If they use the power to contact themselves, make it dangerous - checks to avoid taking damage to the brain etc.

Sharing is usually between a monster and a kid - I would allow it only for the monster or anyone the kid has a relationship with.

Web

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I would treat it as a 'ask GM for advice/clues' type power with the caveat that seeing into the future may change what actually happens - nothing is set in stone etc. If they use the power to contact themselves, make it dangerous - checks to avoid taking damage to the brain etc.

Sharing is usually between a monster and a kid - I would allow it only for the monster or anyone the kid has a relationship with.
Thanks, it was troubling me. I am glad I have your ruling on it.