Author Topic: Podcast Proposal  (Read 5126 times)

Thrythlind

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Podcast Proposal
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
I am a self-published novelist and am about to release an RPG supplement based on one of my world settings.  I am posting her in case anyone in the AP podcast community would be interesting in trying it out for an AP.

I am interested in hearing game play that doesn't involve me as either a player or GM.  In addition, I would like a broader field of playtesting for when I produce the first supplement, which will be on campaign design.  The setting is meant to be able to handle a range of genres and moods and I certainly have some ideas for designing and running campaigns ranging from comedy hijinks to deadly serious espionage (mortal or Immortal), however, I figure I'd be able to broaden that out by listening how others approach the game.

Setting/Game: Divine Blood

System: Strands of Fate based, however, if you want to adapt the setting to another system such as Fate Core, Fate Accelerated, HERO or other such thing, that's fine.  While I'd like to see the rules I've produced for the game in action, I'm more interested in how what stories are told.  I also encourage readers to adapt to the system of their preference and would like to hear examples of that.

Synopsis: Alternate history Earth.  Psychic powers are real though not widely understood and some people still don't believe in such things.  Humans are not the only sentient on the Earth, but most of the surviving non-humans look human.  Gods and Demons are real, but pretty much stay out of mortal affairs save on matters local to them.  World War II ended in somewhat a different way than real life.  The current time period has most people thinking that war or other such troubles are very distant possibilities and a lot of the guardians are getting complacent.

Genre/Mood: There are a couple of different genre possible depending on what part of the world you set up in.  Some of the genres that I am already planning to address and would like to see:

Demon Next Door - The misadventures and hijinks of civilians who also happen to be psychic or non-human.  Alternately, normal humans who are friends of non-humans.  Focus would usually be on slice-of-life sitcom stuff and comedy rather than life or death action. 

Occult Investigations - The investigation of supernatural events.  This could include normals who aren't clued in to the existence of the supernatural.  Freelance psychics investigating supernatural crimes or phenomena, hopefully without drawing public attention.  This can be comedic, especially if it's a bunch of parapsychologists "discovering" the truth of a bunch of more or less harmless civilians that might be werewolves.  Or it can be serious, such as in trying to determine whether a particular deadly curse developed naturally or else was deliberately shaped by a witch.

Warfare - America has been at war in East Germany and Czechoslovakia for around ten years and India has been trying to push Burma out of it's Eastern borders since the mid-60s.  Both are active sites of warfare involving main-battle tanks, spider-tanks and humanoid "uprights".  Also, Avalon mercenaries might be hired to do short raids into a number of places.

Espionage - There's numerous places for this.  The world's altered history alters the players, but the game is still very much one of lies, deceit and cleverness.

Immortal Detente - The Gods and Demons have a truce and most on both sides expect it to reach a true peace, but their are rogues on both sides.  They can't kill another Immortal without risking the Compact killing them or someone they love, but they can seal their opponents or do other things.  There's still a lot of Cold War style maneuvering between the two.

Power Level: Various.  I've run scenarios that run from TV soap opera level to about the level of older X-Men or Spider-Man comics.  One of the example characters is a high powered super power level.  All the race packages are designed to be able to be played at even the lowest power level, with the exception of the mature succubus.

If you are interested, I can provide a pdf copy of the rule book to the first six podcasts that express interest.  I am also willing to answer questions on world setting including giving info on some organizations that were left out of the initial rule book.  For best play using the included rules, you would need Strands of Fate and Strands of Power from Void Star Studio, but again, you can use your own rules.

Thrythlind

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Podcast Proposal
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
Please email me if interested, and I will check to your podcast site before I email the RPG file.