Author Topic: Boiling point - Baseraider: change of rules  (Read 5599 times)

Ezechiel357

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Boiling point - Baseraider: change of rules
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:58:59 AM »
I just listen the latest RPPR game of boiling point and it seems that the crew is using a different rule to handle the tier difference.

Is it the one proposed on the BaseRaider site, giving a flat +/-3 modification per tier difference ? It sounds like it was a +/-2 difference tier,
What was your feeling ?

I did run a few games with the base raider rule as written, and because it was quite low powered, the tier difference were completely trowing out of balance some test with results of 12 or even 14. So although I like the mechanism, I am looking for a way to shrink a bit the huge difference.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Boiling point - Baseraider: change of rules
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
Here's the alternate power tier rules I used for the Boiling Point playtest: http://www.baseraiders.com/2014/06/18/alternate-rules-for-power-tiers/

Although I forgot to add in the weapon/armor bonuses for tier differences so it was just a +2 per tier difference. The main thing about tiers is the quality of the ability in question. Since Tom's character had superhuman science, I allowed him to jury-rig alien translators, hack into advanced technology and similar stuff.

D6xD6 - Chris

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Having used them, the new power tier rules make the game much easier to balance.  Honestly the alternate power tiers and boost patches have made Base Raiders one of my players' most enjoyable games.

Which is why I am a little bummed by the current support for Boiling Point.  It needs more love.  :(

Mr. Purple

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:23:21 PM »
Having used them, the new power tier rules make the game much easier to balance.  Honestly the alternate power tiers and boost patches have made Base Raiders one of my players' most enjoyable games.

Which is why I am a little bummed by the current support for Boiling Point.  It needs more love.  :(

Agreed!  It's a fun scenario; I'm surprised more people aren't circling it, ready to sink their teeth into this amazing product.
"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"