Author Topic: Payday 2 Discussion Thread  (Read 44633 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Payday 2 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »
Oh man so I love that last one.

That's just a golden rule for any stealth mission really lol.

Things I Learned The Hardway
-Just because a path looks clear doesn't mean you can run and turn the power back on during an Assault. Learned During Rats Overkill Pro Job.
-You cannot out run a cloaker forever, eventually you will be caught, even if you try to ring him around the escape van.
-If two people answer the same pager, neither of them can stop, because game mechanics.
-If it is your job to turn off the alarmed glass on Diamond Store, you have to do so BEFORE you start looting.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:13:25 PM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 01:43:24 PM »
Tried to do Big Bank Loud on Deathwish Last night.

Anyone got any recommendations?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »
Tried to do Big Bank Loud on Deathwish Last night.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I keep going to reply to this and hesitating because I have never done it and have no idea if my ideas would work... but... here are my ideas

-Deal with as much of the stuff on the roof as you can before it goes loud?
-Make sure everyone grabs the maximum number of hostages once it goes loud and do your best to keep as many alive and in your control as possible.
-Don't pug, work with a group that is willing to try and try again and will learn from their mistakes.

Read this
http://payday.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Bank
paying special attention to the tactics section.
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »
-Don't pug, work with a group that is willing to try and try again and will learn from their mistakes.

General rule for any time you run on Deathwish?

quickstep23

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »
I'm part of the great unwashed masses that just got a copy of Payday2 on Steam.
Does anyone have current (2017) hints on how to not suck? Skills that one should buy? Perks?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 02:10:46 AM »
Play the tutorial levels to learn the core basics.

Stealth can be fun but it requires a lot more knowledge of how the game works than normal loud heists. All stealth levels can be soloed so don't try stealth with random pubbies.

You can create different skillsets by going to the skills menu and hitting S. You can rename each skillset so you have one for stealth, one for medic, one for ammo bags, one for drill skills etc.

You can do the same with inventory profiles - bottom center of inventory screen. You can also choose a different skillset with each profile so you can customize a loadout for stealth, one for drills, one for a medic/team leader type.

The single most useful skill in the game is Inspire aced since you instantly pick up a downed player from about 9 meters away. It can only be used once every 20 seconds though.

Learn about perk decks and focus on filling out one perk deck to max before you start on another. Good starter perk decks: muscle, armorer, anarchist, crew chief, gambler, in that order. Hitman and yakuza are garbage. Others vary, but require specific builds to work well.

Don't forget to equip the perk deck.

Try to focus on doing a few things well rather than scatter skill points around. Good skills to aim for

Inspire, aced
Iron Man, Aced
overkill basic (if you use shotguns)
Swan Song, Aced (especially with inspired ace, then you can pick someone up and then move to a safe spot so teammate can pick you up)
Frenzy and Berserker aced (very powerful but very dangerous - low health. Best combined with anarchist, since armor is not affected by health penalty)
Body Expertise, Aced

Try to bring double medic bags or double ammo bags. They are always useful on loud jobs. First aid kits are more for dodge builds and I don't recommend bothering with dodge until you get used to the game.

Sentry turrets are okay for lower difficulties but joker cops are EXTREMELY powerful IF AND ONLY IF you get every single joker skill aced. If you ace all 3 skills (joker, partners in crime, and confident) you can have 2 cops with 99% damage resistance. They can tank a lot of enemy aggression.

stick to overkill (3 skulls) and lower until you are at least level 90 and are comfortable with the game. Mayhem (4 skulls) and higher difficulties ramp up QUICK. One Down (6 skulls) is total bullshit and should be avoided unless you are dumb and a masochist like me.

Infamy up to level 5 gives bonus skill points. If you infamy, buy a bunch of guns before you reset so you can sell them and get your cash back after you go infamous. Infamy 6 and beyond is just for bonus masks and cheevos.

Good luck with the heistery!

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
I learned a lot from watching the Payday 2 vids on Railery/ RPPR youtube channel.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »

anarchist perk deck maxed out plus a light vest and skill that gives plus 20 vest armor

bullseye aced shotgun skills to overkill basic
then steakout shotgun and berserker and frenzy aced
and 000 buckshot in shotgun]
iron man basic for more armor
ammo bags for deployable
a judge shotgun with HE for shields and dozer masks

shotguns are better at lower accuracy because pellets spread farther
and one pellet does full damage
so more chance of scoring headshots
headshots regen armor

shotgun cq and close by aced
you want reload speed and big magazine for this