General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

B-Sides 2!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kamen:

--- Quote from: clockworkjoe on December 18, 2014, 01:46:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: crawlkill on December 18, 2014, 12:14:21 AM ---I do notice some of the files seem badly damaged, though--Fall Without End actually crashed iTunes, although VLC could handle it with various shrieks and beeps, and the Cthulhu Dark game cuts out about 40 seconds in. VLC jumps it ahead and its tracking goes crazy, but played in the web player on gumroad it just blows up.

Edit: Holy shit, Cthulhu Dark: Miskatonic University is severely damaged but in a way that almost sounds intentional, the recording is cutting out into bleeps and when it comes back there are giant flaming skulls and and I don't even know how much is missing

--- End quote ---

son of a bitch - I've had problems encoding these episodes and I thought I fixed them all. I'll look at Cthulhu Dark again and try to fix it. The core problem is my macbook died and I have to extract the raw audio files from a mac-formatted hard drive to a windows 7 machine. I'm using a program called HFS explorer to do it, but apparently it causes glitches. I'll try to fix it and reupload it.

--- End quote ---

I noticed a similar issue with the GenCon 2014 Transit game as well, every now and then it'll just quit on an iOS device or iTunes, though Windows media player seems to work just fine. It also gets intercut with bits from the RPPR crew's No Soul Left Behind and Iron Heroes (I think) games, though I think that might be an issue that happened during recording rather than extracting/encoding.

clockworkjoe:
All right list every file you find with a problem and where it first occurs. I'll just copy every episode I can straight from the SD card and redo the entire fucking thing.

crawlkill:

--- Quote from: clockworkjoe on December 18, 2014, 04:41:13 PM ---All right list every file you find with a problem and where it first occurs. I'll just copy every episode I can straight from the SD card and redo the entire fucking thing.

--- End quote ---

Sorry/thanks! They're worth it, listeners, even with audio flaws! Fall Without End breaks up around 1 hour 14 minutes, I think? and then shrieks for a few seconds/crashes iTunes occasionally after that, but there's never more than a couple seconds lost. And I think I said in my first post that the Cthulhu Dark Miskatonic game breaks up at around 40 seconds and then...errr...the time-to-end counter on VLC starts to count up? seriously the playback starts to act like a Cthulhu Dark scenario itself if I hadn't heard problems in Fall Without End I mighta thought it was deliberate

Kamen:
Gen Con 2014 Transit: Hiccups at about 18:22, but keeps playing and the timer counts correctly, and then cuts completely at 34:00. If I skip just past that it plays fine until the next cut out. I'll continue to listen and take down times in case they're needed. Sorry the recordings got kinda jacked up there Ross, hopefully this helps!

crawlkill:
Zombie Cinema breaks about 90 seconds in as David's introducing his character. Haven't tried it in VLC, in iTunes it just jumps to the next track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version