Author Topic: GenCon 2015 and the 6th Annual RPPR Fan Meet-up: The Edition Wars Edition  (Read 158626 times)

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
I'm still planning on attending some LARP events this year, namely True Dungeon.

It's a 2 part adventure that can either be puzzle or combat focused (which just means 2 rooms become another puzzle or combat room it seems). Running both parts cost $104. That's a good chunk of Con money but worth it from the what I've looked up on True Dungeon.

Then comes Kettle of Fish again. They are only running 2 Call of Cthulhu LARPs on Thursday and Saturday at $10 for a 4 hour event. The other LARPs, one being a Doctor Who LARP, events are in a games system known as 6x6. Does anyone know what that is?

Finally, is there a day and time yet in discussion for the RPPR meet up?

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Last I heard was still Thursday around 6pm. No solid confirmation of that or the meet-up site, though.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
The default is Thursday around 6pm in the lobby bar of the Hyatt, subject to change. Don't worry, I'll make sure to scream the final time and location from the mountain top.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:02:30 AM by Tadanori Oyama »

Kamen

• View Profile
Cool! I'll be sure to have Rocky & Bullwinkle with me no matter what!

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
Everyone make sure you have ample Text/Data budgeted for the GroupMe Shenanigans.

So..... looking at the designs for official GenCon gear.  Tempted to replace my canvas bag form last year with a black one or the backpack. 
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about getting the canvas bag myself. Tore up my last one pretty bad but this one looks like it can take some punishment from a couple of books and swag.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
I'm gonna stick with my own bag for the day to day but I might spring for one of the GenCon badge things; that's alot of utility. They just look so flat and uninteresting to me so I'm not sure if I want to go for it or not.

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
Are the RPPR crew GMing any games at GenCon? I ask because I want to buy tickets if I need to and haven't figured out how to search by GM...
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
Are the RPPR crew GMing any games at GenCon? I ask because I want to buy tickets if I need to and haven't figured out how to search by GM...

Yes, I will be running three games this year: 2 Monsters and Other Childish Things for Arc Dream and 1 Call of Cthulhu on my own.  Here are the titles so you can search:

Monsters and Other Childish Things: The Legacy of NIMH

Monsters and Other Childish Things: Junkyard on the Edge of Forever

Call of Cthulhu: The Beloved Dead

"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Find the Amulet of Yendor at the bottom of The Box of Pain dungeon (level 10)

Take the amulet to Gen Con

Hold it aloft at a skywalk at dawn, letting the sun power the mega damage crystal heart

Recite the secret true name of Raven McCracken three times backwards

Defeat the demon that appears

Rejoice for you have slain the vile spirit that possessed the poor wretches that wrote deadEarth

A portal will open

Step through the portal

Answer the Chaos Ogre's riddle (hint: It will be based on Airlords of the Ozarks. Quote Phoenix Command rules to him for he cannot stand windage rules.)

Descend the stairs to the ballroom of Carcosa

Give the King in Yellow your mixtape.

If the mixtape is sufficiently good, then the King shall be lit aflame and you shall have access to the elemental plane of cops

Fast talk your way past the cops (fairly easy - just tell them the Payday crew is stealing dice bags or something - hopefully they'll just arrest some cosplayers for a few minutes and then leave - they can't actually kill anyone)

Beyond that is the final gate to the realm of true gaming. You must defeat the Mustard Smuggler, an elder grognard. I recommend story games like Fiasco.

I'll be running games at the realm. Probably a Ruin playtest, maybe Red Markets and/or Base Raiders too.

Bring booze and/or snacks. Bathroom will be on the left. Take the four dimensional escalator (the escher-calator) back to the con center. That unlocks a shortcut so you can skip the quest the next time.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Find the Amulet of Yendor at the bottom of The Box of Pain dungeon (level 10)

Take the amulet to Gen Con

Hold it aloft at a skywalk at dawn, letting the sun power the mega damage crystal heart

Recite the secret true name of Raven McCracken three times backwards

Defeat the demon that appears

Rejoice for you have slain the vile spirit that possessed the poor wretches that wrote deadEarth

A portal will open

Step through the portal

Answer the Chaos Ogre's riddle (hint: It will be based on Airlords of the Ozarks. Quote Phoenix Command rules to him for he cannot stand windage rules.)

Descend the stairs to the ballroom of Carcosa

Give the King in Yellow your mixtape.

If the mixtape is sufficiently good, then the King shall be lit aflame and you shall have access to the elemental plane of cops

Fast talk your way past the cops (fairly easy - just tell them the Payday crew is stealing dice bags or something - hopefully they'll just arrest some cosplayers for a few minutes and then leave - they can't actually kill anyone)

Beyond that is the final gate to the realm of true gaming. You must defeat the Mustard Smuggler, an elder grognard. I recommend story games like Fiasco.

I'll be running games at the realm. Probably a Ruin playtest, maybe Red Markets and/or Base Raiders too.

Bring booze and/or snacks. Bathroom will be on the left. Take the four dimensional escalator (the escher-calator) back to the con center. That unlocks a shortcut so you can skip the quest the next time.

Swap the gaming references for 80's pop culture -- but not all of them; leave in the Amulet of Yendor and add in the Tomb of Horrors -- and you've got the plot of the novel Ready Player One.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Tim

• View Profile
Oh man, I should have put more points in the "make awesome mixtapes" skill instead of "operate heavy machinery".

Morbid

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
The quest line still sounds easier than navigating the hotel booking system.

Did anyone see any Delta Green panels listed?  I tried searching for Arc Dream stuff and looking through all the seminars, but I didn't see any.

Kamen

• View Profile
I haven't seen anything about Arc Dream Panels, which is a little disappointing. I do know Dennis Detwiller was polling on twitter and facebook for a summer kickstarter for new Delta Green, so they might be too busy with that stuff to do a panel on it.

Kamen

• View Profile
I apologize for double-posting, but I may have a Delta Green game happening the Saturday morning of the con. I plan on running a slightly updated version of Convergence from the original Delta Green book. Once I get confirmation I'll update this post with the info for anybody interested!