Author Topic: GenCon 2015 and the 6th Annual RPPR Fan Meet-up: The Edition Wars Edition  (Read 158623 times)

Darthrex

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Has anyone got any extra room  in their hotel they're looking to fill (Obviously I'm willing to pay)? I've slept on the floor before so I'm not particularly concerned about that, and I figure that if one of you has his mind set on a bit of 'Orrible murder this thread will act as a paper trail to find my corpse.
I cast summon pedant.

TMayesing78

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
"The Parrot demands you bring questions.  The Parrot demands you bring questions.". Awesome!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
I'm trying to run Delta Green for ArcDream but I'm still waiting on the games to be approved by GenCon. There was some confusion about who should enter what three months ago so now we're here. Hopefully that works out soon.

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
So in a wonderful twist of Karma, after my astounding luck with hotel reservations, all but two of the events on my wishlist sold out before my request processed... even the tables of Twilight Imperium (do you see Caleb?  it is possible for that game to be run during GenCon).

So I am making grape juice out of Lemons and I am going to just run/play/organize my own games with/for friends/fans as time allows.

If I need to make my own thread for this, fine.  But right now I am taking suggestions on games to run/bring.

Currently pondering:  5th Ed DnD, Dresden (low-tier Springfield one-shots, yay!), Anima (if I can find pregens), Numenera, or things related to Fate or ORE.

Hell, I'll haul TI up there if either 3 or 7 (in my experience, the game runs fastest with all 8 Strategies being picked/played) others can find time/space.

I am also considering pulling together a Monsters One-Shot to submit to Arc Dream.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:00:02 AM by FuzzyDan »
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
So in a wonderful twist of Karma, after my astounding luck with hotel reservations, all but two of the events on my wishlist sold out before my request processed... even the tables of Twilight Imperium (do you see Caleb?  it is possible for that game to be run during GenCon).

So I am making grape juice out of Lemons and I am going to just run/play/organize my own games with/for friends/fans as time allows.

If I need to make my own thread for this, fine.  But right now I am taking suggestions on games to run/bring.

Currently pondering:  5th Ed DnD, Dresden (low-tier Springfield one-shots, yay!), Anima (if I can find pregens), Numenera, or things related to Fate or ORE.

Hell, I'll haul TI up there if either 3 or 7 (in my experience, the game runs fastest with all 8 Strategies being picked/played) others can find time/space.

I am also considering pulling together a Monsters One-Shot to submit to Arc Dream.

Run MAOCT for Arc Dream - they give you stuff and players will love you. You could run Road Trip. That would be neat.

FuzzyDan

• View Profile

Run MAOCT for Arc Dream - they give you stuff and players will love you. You could run Road Trip. That would be neat.

Kicking a scenario at them I've been pondering for awhile.  If that falls flat of if they need more help I'll offer to do Road Trip.

I need to get a copy of Road Trip at some point.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM

I've never seen an Anima game run. Never seen a pre-gen character either. I've cracked that book open many times over the years to try and figure it out: still haven't to this day.

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
The moment I laid eyes on an Anima character sheet I knew that was a game I would never play. For those not in the know, it's 4 pages long, 2 if you do front-and-back printing, and... here, just go here.

Not to say it's a bad game, just, yeah, not my thing.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
I love that the damage meter goes to 400%. That game is anime as fuck. Which is, of course, why I have the corebook and an expansion despite never coming close to actually running it. I really should try and run it someday, as a test of my GM ability.

Kamen

• View Profile
Not only does it go to 400%, you also get a Kabbalalistic Sephiroth on your sheet, for some reason! It's so damn anime! This makes me want an even more anime version of Katanas & Trenchcoats.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Anything with the Sephiroth worked into hits a soft place in my heart, even if it makes no damn sense.

So, in GenCon business, what are we going to do to Ross and Caleb at their panels? As proper fans we absolutely have to make their lives more difficult. What're those annoying horn things people played at the World Cup? Let's get some of those.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
Find a copy of any Rifts supplement and ask Caleb to sign it

"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
I love that the damage meter goes to 400%. That game is anime as fuck. Which is, of course, why I have the corebook and an expansion despite never coming close to actually running it. I really should try and run it someday, as a test of my GM ability.

Yeah, at first I figured it just looked like a slightly more complicated D&D 3.5 sheet. Then I saw that big ol' 400% damage meter, and began to wonder...hmmm...
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

FuzzyDan

• View Profile
It's almost like I'm being challenged to run Anima....

If Envoy doesn't work out for ArcDream, then I might just have to...

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Might be a fun excuse to try and actually learn Anima... hey Dan, how about we both study up and, if the chance presents itself, one of us can give it a try for some RPPR fans?

The Envoy thing is pretty weird; hope it works out well. Really ArcDream's games in general have been odd. When I first checked the system I thought I saw several games listed and now there's basically nothing. Not sure what happened.