Author Topic: GenCon 2015 and the 6th Annual RPPR Fan Meet-up: The Edition Wars Edition  (Read 158652 times)

Graywalker

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • The Cosplayer from cosplay-land
    • View Profile
Oh so that's Anima. I've seen a lot of that artwork on DeviantArt for years now and never knew it was part of a role-playing game.

It looks like it might be fun to play after learning how it works, at least that's the hope.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
If you guys are having difficulties with Envoy, please let Shane Ivey know about it so he can help fix it.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Envoy's been fine so far: what's holding me up is GenCon. My events have been in review for a week. I guess it's because I had to submit them so close to registration. Hopefully I can get the times I need and be in the ArcDream gaming location.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
We're just shy of two months from GenCon. This is the time to consider your budget, if you haven't done so already.

Repeat visitors know where they can find food and at what price but for those of you coming for the first time a little consideration might be in order.

If you plan to come to the whole convention (4 days+) than you'll need to plan for 8-12 meals, depending on your paricular needs. There's also snacks and beverages to consider.

And, of course, the purchasing of goods and services. The dealer hall has all manner of physical delight to tempt your dollars (or other currency) from you and planning how much to spend ahead of time will help save you some headache.

Graywalker

• View Profile
For example; those of us who road trip a great distance to get to GenCon bring along a lot of snacks for the ride, for those periods of time when no cities or towns are around to stop in and grab a bite.

Snacks that, while at GenCon, are excellent items to save you from having to buy some of the more expensive snacks sold inside the convention center.

Also, if you plan on getting something from the food trucks outside; having heard about them from GenCon podcasts of yester-year, I know it goes without say but just in case, get there early. We all know what time lunch and dinner are, so does everyone else at GenCon. Along with everyone working in the down town area. People swarm those trucks like attendees do waiting each morning before GenCon opens the dealer hall.

I got to try shawarma from one of the trucks and hardly a minute later a line formed as I stood there eating.

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
I found Indianapolis to be an underrated food city. You need to get away from the convention core but I ate very well last year so I would recommend, if you can, set aside one meal away from the core. Of course it can be tough to justify a meal out when there are so many games to play and things in the dealer room to temp one and of course the trip it self is a constant hemorrhage of money but I do travel is about experience.

I had a very good bahn mi at Rook, a hipster joint about 2 miles from the convention center. Great beer selection and pretty inexpensive (well if you are use to paying real bahn mi prices it will seem expensive but a sandwich is like $8).

http://www.rookindy.com/menu

Graywalker

• View Profile
Hey Ross,

Are you going to be bring the RPPR banner with you to GenCon this year or are you going to leave back at your place?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Hey everybody, my events finally went active so if you want to play Delta Green in it's latest form than sign up for one of the events below:

Friday @10am: RPG1582090

Saturday @9am: RPG1582091

Saturday @2pm: RPG1582092

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
RPPR Meet-Up Update:

The meet-up will be on the Thursday evening, 7/30. We will gather at 6pm in the Hyatt bar and lobby. Once a sufficent crwod is gathered we will relocate to a fitting location.

Ross is going to be otherwise occupied until around 7pm but says the other RPPR superstars can be present for the initial gathering.

Another change this year is that were will likely be more than one meet up. While Thursday will be the "big" meeting Ross plans to use Groupme to help organize more interaction among the RPPR enthusiasts.

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
My three MaOCT games were approved, now just waiting on room assignment.

I will also be up for trolling the Groupme for hang-outerry.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
RPG1582372, RPG1582373, and RPG1582374 just went live folks.  And first true playtest went pretty well tonight too.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
I'll be able to make the meet up at the start because the podcast event I was going to was canceled.

Also, I'll probably have some kind of live recording for After Hours WITH PRIZES for listeners/audience - some kind of trivia contest about the RPGs we've reviewed so far - I'll work out rules soon

Kamen

• View Profile
I'll be able to make the meet up at the start because the podcast event I was going to was canceled.

Also, I'll probably have some kind of live recording for After Hours WITH PRIZES for listeners/audience - some kind of trivia contest about the RPGs we've reviewed so far - I'll work out rules soon

I'll take "Baron Von Karkov" for 500, Ross.

Mr. Purple

• View Profile
Worth a mention, but I will be schilling/demoing some games for Bezier this year, including Castles Of Mad King Ludwig and Suburbia (as well as the new expansions for both.)  If you like board games where you build things, drop by the Bezier booth  :)

Also this'll be Brother's first time at GenCon and he's bringing his friend Matt along for the ride.  If y'all have a few extra seats at your table, maybe we can drop by and play a round or two? 
"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"

Kamen

• View Profile
So I'll be running Delta Green on Saturday morning, if Gen Con would hurry up and fully approve my game. I'll be sure to post here once it's up.

I'll also be bringing my copy of The Rocky & Bullwinkle Role-Playing Game, and the Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai book, to the meet up, so prepare for puppets! Also, David, I'm still expecting at least one game of Mad QUAO! to happen while we're all there.

Finally, Tad, we'll have to do some Con Survival tips in the upcoming weeks for the unsure and uninitiated. Plus, practice your signature, I've got a copy of Boiling Point you need to sign.