Author Topic: Good RPG ideas for a long car trip?  (Read 4843 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Good RPG ideas for a long car trip?
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
I'm expecting to soon be taking a long, 16-ish hour car ride with my family out to Albuquerque for my grandpa's 80th birthday party. And I've been thinking, what better way to kill time driving across Oklahoma than to run an RPG?

So what ideas to people have for something to play during a car trip? I'm thinking that we need something that doesn't have much dice-rolling; maybe card drawing would be better. And not much looking at complicated character sheets, either.

Maybe Fate Accelerated?
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Good RPG ideas for a long car trip?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
You can play the FrameWork system, the one used for CthulhuTech using playing cards. My players actually preferred it. If you have access to C-Tech you can massage that system into other genres depending on your group's taste.

WUSHU, of course, does have die rolling but it's minimal and you could easily nominate someone to actually do the rolling, whoever can hold the box you roll the dice into.

FATE probably wouldn't work as well, you need to track FATE points and roll dice frequently, depending on what setting you are playing.