Author Topic: Divine Fire?  (Read 22960 times)

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fire?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
My divine fire will occurs using Call of Catthulhu as the core. All the cats are strays being taken in the back of a van to get spayed or neutered at a human society. The van pulls into an isolated facility near a major airport and drivers leave the van. Eventually the cats find out everyone (cats and humans) are dead, they are pursued by mutant (undead?) German Shepard, meet a mad Siamese who keeps going off about the nature of the universe is in a ball of string, and interact with a hairless cat from behind a locked door who has their own agenda.

The only thing I am wondering is do I make it straight up Call of Catthulhu or use the Delta Calico variant.

Ok that started out as a joke but it sort of works.

... Someone needs to run that... and then post it to the Community AP Site... seriously. :D
Liquid Water?

Darthrex

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
I would play that.
I cast summon pedant.

PirateLawyer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »
I'd call this an unproductive detour . . .

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
I'd call this the most productive detour new topic!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
I will say I would also like to give cash money to Mr Church and/or a publisher for this scenario (and the post soviet followup one as well would be great).

My theory is Tom saw what publishing did to Ross and not wanting to become such a horrible monster has decided to walk a gentler path. He may even be wandering the US at this very moment righting wrongs with a blend of martial arts, high powered handguns, and the infectious sound of his laughter.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
I will say I would also like to give cash money to Mr Church and/or a publisher for this scenario (and the post soviet followup one as well would be great).

Well, I authored the Divine Fire post-Soviet scenario. Which was closely modeled after Adam Scott Glancy's Divine Fire: Libya actual play.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

My theory is Tom saw what publishing did to Ross and not wanting to become such a horrible monster has decided to walk a gentler path. He may even be wandering the US at this very moment righting wrongs with a blend of martial arts, high powered handguns, and the infectious sound of his laughter.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011268417/

Recent Game Activity: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
879 hrs on record
last played on Mar 6

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »

Well, I authored the Divine Fire post-Soviet scenario. Which was closely modeled after Adam Scott Glancy's Divine Fire: Libya actual play.

I was thinking Tom ran a follow up in Stalinist Russia and an AP was recorded but maybe I am cray cray in the bannana patch.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 08:31:36 PM »
Well Ross' post reminded me to join the RPPR Steam group. So that's something.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
I was thinking Tom ran a follow up in Stalinist Russia and an AP was recorded but maybe I am cray cray in the bannana patch.

He certainly did, but it wasn't post-Soviet. That version was mostly set in Berlin in 1946 if I recall correctly.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

He certainly did, but it wasn't post-Soviet. That version was mostly set in Berlin in 1946 if I recall correctly.

My bad. For some reason I had thought it was in Russia but it would not be the first time nor the last time I was wrong.

ToddGilbert

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 12:40:41 PM »
I am thinking of trying to reconstruct Divine Fire from the AP's. Can anyone save me some work with their own notes. I will erect a monolith in your honor.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
Rise thread! Rise and live again! (Mo ha ha)

I'm looking for a one shot to run some victims trough.  Did anyone here ever try out "Divine Fire" based on the APs?  How did it go?

Mister Church.  Would you be so kind as to pass on your pre-written PCs and/or their back story and/or the facility map.  Running the plot is not to complex, but the PC write up is quite a bit of work.

Even just on the Patreon page?  It would be most appreciated.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
I believe I have the characters in my old game files.  I can probably work up the base map too.  Just need some time to locate everything.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
I believe I have the characters in my old game files.  I can probably work up the base map too.  Just need some time to locate everything.
Tom Church, ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks, really appreciate it.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)