Author Topic: Dark Heresy Play by Post: House of Dust and Ash  (Read 80825 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy Play by Post: House of Dust and Ash
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »
Also... Festor has named his own twin. He as named him Tad.  ;D
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
Also... have you gotten my "Request To Join" pm on the RPOL site for the game? Are you going to admit me into the game? I still cannot post in the game thread there.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »
I hadn't check since sunday. I'll get over there and check you in. Is there some special game master link I follow to find character submissions or should it just pop up right infront of me?

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
I hadn't check since sunday. I'll get over there and check you in. Is there some special game master link I follow to find character submissions or should it just pop up right infront of me?

If memory serves, it should come to you as a PM. You open the PM, and at the bottom right corner of the screen is a "Admit Player" (or something to that effect) link. Clicking on that link is all you have to do.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
Sounds easy enough. I'll get there as soon as I can and start some new threads to continue creation/discussion on site.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »
Okay, next big step is considering how your character came to be an Acolite. Most don't seek it out, they get brought in by an agent of an Inquistor or by the Inquistor themselves.

Sometimes they have one's life, others the individual has done something impressive or out of character for their role in life that is in keeping with the needs of the Inquisition, or the Inquistor just wanted some cannon fodder than you where lucky enough to survive.

At Tier Five your characters have become important and well trained enough that they can be trusted with information and responsibility and are likely considered Trusted Acolites. Your likely either a career Acolite or on the fast track to your own Inquistor's position by this point in life. Either one is a good path so long as your good at survivig which, by this time, you really have to be.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
There's a certain "something" about Festor that impressed the Inquistor. He couldn't put his finger on it exactly, maybe it was the twin on his shoulder with the milky-white eyes like that of a dead fish, but it was something that told him that Festor has potential.

And, if he's wrong, then Festor will just be another body ground by the Imperial machine and another potential Acolite will step forward.

So far, so good for Festor.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'd certainly be interested what the guy with a small mummy head on his shoulder could do.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »
Quote from: JonHook
Festor now has a vestigial twin on his left shoulder. His twin has a tiny head and tiny arms, but his face looks mummified with lips that open and close at the same time as Festor's as he talks or eats.

Aw, man!  This game is giving me nightmares already, and it is still in CHARACTER GENERATION.  And it's not even the GM...it's ANOTHER PLAYER.

maybe it was the twin on his shoulder with the milky-white eyes like that of a dead fish

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:05:08 PM by Dawnsteel »
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
Festor now has a vestigial twin on his left shoulder. His twin has a tiny head and tiny arms, but his face looks mummified with lips that open and close at the same time as Festor's as he talks or eats.

Aw, man!  This game is giving me nightmares already, and it is still in CHARACTER GENERATION.  And it's not even the GM...it's ANOTHER PLAYER.

maybe it was the twin on his shoulder with the milky-white eyes like that of a dead fish

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Score.   ;D

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »
Yeah, I'd say you got this concept pretty much down.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
So, next element of character story is what your character has done to achive their current rank. As Tier Five character you've made your bones and entered into the established levels of your original positions and in your work as Acolites.

Like police officers in our world, Acolites in 40k make progress forward by making big busts or killing major heretics and uncovering big plans or plots. This is only within the Inquisition because their deeds generally aren't publically annouced. However, some Acolites do publicly declare who and what they are. This is generally considered to be a bad idea because while it paints a target on the Acolite it does little to reveal their enemies.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
Festor, for all of his deformaties, excels at blending into the background of a room. Usually quiet and introspective as he agrues with a voice in his head that he assumes is Tad talking to him. This "crazy" demeanor can eventually lower people's guard, and they tend to say things around him that they assume is going nowhere in Festor's head.

But little did Festor's old bunkmate know that Festor was absorbing every critical detail that he spewed as he plotted to assassinate the Inquisator. So, as his bunkmate moved to execute his plot, it was Festor who evistorated him, spilling his intestines onto the marble floor.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Festor, for all of his deformaties, excels at blending into the background of a room. Usually quiet and introspective as he agrues with a voice in his head that he assumes is Tad talking to him. This "crazy" demeanor can eventually lower people's guard, and they tend to say things around him that they assume is going nowhere in Festor's head.

But little did Festor's old bunkmate know that Festor was absorbing every critical detail that he spewed as he plotted to assassinate the Inquisator. So, as his bunkmate moved to execute his plot, it was Festor who evistorated him, spilling his intestines onto the marble floor.

Your all over this. Well done. There are many talents in the book to fit the social steath you speak of as well as weapon tricks to gut people.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »
Okay, onwards to setting.

This adventure takes place in one of many many Sectors of the Imperium of Man: The Carlix Sector.

Carlix is a dangerous and distance Sector of the Empire on the far side of the Eye of Terror and at the every end of the spiral that formes what we call the Milky Way.

This places Carlix with it's back to the Eye of Terror and it's face to the empty void of nothingness until you hit the next galaxy.

The Eye of Terror is, for lack of a better description, hell. It's a section of space where the Wrap, the Immaterium, the world of daemons, has broken through in mass and formed a homebase for the worshippers of chaos and the Chaos Gods themselves. It's also the home of most of the tratior legions, the Space Marines who fell to chaos and fought against the Emperor. In short: bad place.

Other side: void of eternity. Only Rogue Traders explode the void and it's generally agreed those guys are batshit crazy. Occationally the come back having found phantom worlds and wandering comets with new stuff on them. New stuff is, of course, feared and decried as heresy in the Imperium so this trade is largerly secret.

Carlix also has a lovely little legend regarding a wandering dark star called the Tyrant Star. It appears in the sky of a world, following ill omens, and drives every citizen to madness. None have yet discovered the star itself but worlds of madmen where once Imperial citizens where speak to the truth of the stories.

This is the place you call home.