Author Topic: Red Markets at GenCon/Upcoming Beta  (Read 93564 times)

smalltowncinema

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Red Markets at GenCon/Upcoming Beta
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »
Well gentlemen, you got me to join the forums.  Well played. 

I would love access to the beta please and thank you.  I have a group of miscreants who would greatly enjoy killing zombies for fun and profit..

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
Getting to play Red Markets at GenCon was alot of fun. We did pretty poorly and for a bit after the game I felt a real sense of failure.after about ten minutes I became overjoyed because I realized a game had gotten a real emotional reaction out of me. Well done Caleb, I look forward to making my players depressed in the beta testing.

It was a blast! Getting to play in that game was an absolute treat and definitely helps me get into the mindset for running playtest games in the near future. And let's not forget, Tad, while it may have to shit near the end there it was certainly memorable. ALL HAIL THE TOOLKIT!

FlapjacksOfWar

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
Had a great time playtesting Red Markets at the Con with Caleb and company (I forget the names of the people I played with cus I suck with names) I played Hodor, a former blue-collar worker who sufferd some brain brain damage during the crash. Good in a fight but dosnt talk much and gets easily distraced by shiny things or weird things that dont belong...Like say... a tower but out of filing cabinets. I climed that thing like a boss though! :D In the end we broke even due to bad deception rolls and our group got labeled as Untrustworthy. ALso locusts... so many locusts -shudder-

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »
At least one of those was me bro. Hodor kicked ass against the Casualties... too bad we couldn't figure out how to cheat our client properly.

kurunch

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
I've Been listening for a little while, and have finally discovered the forums and am excited to poke around.

I would really like to be a part of the Red Markets play test. I'm very excited to run a game with economic criticism underpinnings.

FlapjacksOfWar

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »
At least one of those was me bro. Hodor kicked ass against the Casualties... too bad we couldn't figure out how to cheat our client properly.

Well I said I was bad with nams! D: Also I think we cheated our client fairly well, we just got caught in a lie and couldnt figure out how to spin it very well. Im sure all those deathbots wont bea problem. Caleb isnt that evil. Right guys? Guys?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:30 PM »
Yeah, if we'd made some of those skill rolls then we might've done better. Caleb, if you read this, what clue would you have given me if I'd made that Foresight roll to try and come up with a way to bullshit the client?

Rbiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
If you are still interested in more play testers, I think my group would be interested in trying Red Markets and giving feedback.

Thanks!

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
@ Tad

I ran the game twice, so it is a bit hard to remember. I'm thinking I would have told you to fake an altercation and ramp up the stakes. It's not your fault if you were under fire and the guys program didn't work. Something like that.

MrJWhit

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
I'm joining up with the mass of people who want in on the beta.
But I'm slightly better than all of them because I will actually record them! So you will hear how I'm not actally that good at GMing and Caleb can laugh at me.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »
@ Tad

I ran the game twice, so it is a bit hard to remember. I'm thinking I would have told you to fake an altercation and ramp up the stakes. It's not your fault if you were under fire and the guys program didn't work. Something like that.

Oh, yeah, that could've worked. Oh well, we got paid in the end, so what if my half my team thinks I'm a sleaze who would betray morals for money and I shot my brother in cold blood. God this game can be rough. But we got paid. And because one of us died we made a profit.

bislab

• View Profile
    • Of Steam, Steel and Murder
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »
I'd love to get in on the playtest.  I host the actual play podcast "Of Steam, Steel and Murder" and we have a sizable stable of players of which many would be interested.  Since we record our session it might be of use to you to hear how a group handles the rules straight from copy.  I need not release said recordings into the wild if you prefer.  Thanks for the consideration!
Of Steam, Steel and Murder.  Steampunk role playing over the internet with Skype!

The Lost Carol

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »
I'd love a copy of the beta. Unfortunately, I can only proofread & create characters & enclaves. My group only meets once or twice a month and I'm not sure I can convince them to beta test the game. That being said; if anybody would be interested in Skyping / Google Hangouts...ing a game or two or even a playtest campaign, I'd be down to try.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

quickstep23

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »
I'd be up for a google hangout (I'm US EST)

Ringadon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »
I've been looking forward to this since G.A.M.E. and would like to run a few sessions of this game to assist in the playtest for my local group? Can I get in on the beta?